ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Filling pads down

Had front discs/pads/lines done, the garage were very confident and firm that they didnt need to be shaved down, I am encountering problems now as when I brake hard the wheel alignment goes way out, obviously too hot and touching the discs. I dont want to go back there I dont trust them. Im an idiot for getting the work done when I could of tried it my self so Im gonna just do the job my self now

im not sure how much ill need to shave the down by, dont think I have any thing to shave them with either, would i need a metal file like this?
missing-product.jpg

Cheers guys

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If you had new front discs and pads done then No you wont need to file the pads down.
Are you saying that the car pulls to one side when you put the brakes on?

If you had new front discs and pads done then No you wont need to file the pads down.
Are you saying that the car pulls to one side when you put the brakes on?

If I start to get some heat in the brakes it pulls to the right if the steering wheel is neutral, it will go straight if the wheel is turned left quite a bit. Also under very heavy braking the right locks up first. I spun the wheel yesterday jacked up and you can hear the pads and discs touch at a point every turn. Surely that shouldnt happen?

if not using genuine pads, i take the sliders out and also file the metal edge that comes into contact with the sliders (track where pad sits) this is usually where they jam up when they get hot, also use copper slip in the sliders, only speaking for my track 182 as i run DS3000 pads and they are tight to say the least if you don't take a little off them,

Just go out for a few miles trying not to use the brakes, pull over and check the heat off the brake discs, if they're binding the discs will be hot.

if not using genuine pads, i take the sliders out and also file the metal edge that comes into contact with the sliders (track where pad sits) this is usually where they jam up when they get hot, also use copper slip in the sliders, only speaking for my track 182 as i run DS3000 pads and they are tight to say the least if you don't take a little off them,

Thanks for the info.