ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got the ///M - Byzanz Metallic BMW E36 M3 Evo Saloon.

So after waiting for over a month and half for the car to ready to be sold I picked it up on Satruday. Having always wanted an M3 saloon of some sort when my mate said he was thinking of selling this one I had to have it. Its in an individual colour, a pretty rare one at that being Byzanz Metallic with supposedly only 2 in this colour in the country and 6 in Europe. The only other one in this country used to be owned by Milltek but people are unsure as to where its gone now.

Plans for the car is really to put it back to completely standard and into mint condition, the car is no shed however there's little bits that will need addressing over the next 18-24 months or so. Mechanically its probably one of the best around, highish mileage however 'Mr Vanos' owned this car and in the 2 and half years of ownership he spent in excess of £8,000 of refreshing shed loads of things underneath/around/in the car with near enough all of it being Genuine BMW! When I get the link i'll post it up for people to be truly amazed! So heres the current spec...

Scorpian Exhaust System with Decats (Standard M3 tailpipes welded onto the back box)
Simota Carbon Induction setup.
E46 M3 Diff and Prop.
Fully Polybushed underneath.
Eibach Sportline Springs.

Things that'll need looking at over the coming year or two...

Sort out the minor patches of rust. (more than likely a full external paint because i'm fussy!)
Put the standard exhaust back on (came with the car)
Put the standard rear lights/front and side indicators back on it.
Standard chrome front grills.
New Side strips with the M3 logo and rear M3 badge.
Replacing gearstick and handbrake gaitors for leather as the alcantara has discoloured/faded.
Recolonise the leathers.

Thats all I can think of for the time being, there's probably a few other little things but will pop it in here as and when I remember! Anyways a few pictures! ;)

DSC02573.jpg

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02578.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

IMG_5811.jpg

DSC02574.jpg

IMG_5806.jpg

DSC02580.jpg

Oh and cheeky power run at a local Japanese Tuner place after the second day of ownership, rest assured its a healthy engine! :)

img001.jpg

After having a good couple of drives in the car now and getting used it to for a car of its size it really does handle extremely well, of course I haven't been going hell for leather but obviously jumping from a very checkable fwd car to this isn't as bad as people have made out. The power is just awesome also, it just pulls throughout any gear and is just relentless and very easy to understand how people can loose their licences in them! Sitting at just over 3,500 rpm in 6th your doing just a tad under 100mph, yet feels like your doing 60-70mph!

Economy doesn't seem to be too bad either really, near enough £90 to fill up from empty and does 300 miles to a full tank which to me isn't that bad as the Audi takes £90 also but does 400 miles.

All in all i'm already properly in love with the car, I don't even look and think about the clio! ///M Power FTW!

Enjoy and I hope you like it! :)

Cheers
Nick

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Absolutely love it!!

Although i'd probably fit some sunflowers to it as i'm not keen on those wheels.

And I agree about going back to a standard exhaust, these cars are all about induction noise! :D

is that metalic brown?

It's a copper/bronzey colour, looks dark when not in the light but when the light shines upon it it goes bright bronze.

looks like a replica?

Indeed does look like a bit of replica with what my friend did to it by debugging it etc, more of a sleeper like Sam said. But trust me its a real one, and will look like that in the not too distant future.

Nick

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
thats it, 5 door and no spolier, thats why i thought it looked odd, must be quite rare being a saloon?

Disastra Coupe
Have to be honest, does nothing for me. However i can imagine it's pretty quick.

If you're happy with it that's all that matters :)

Cheers all!

Fred - Hamster used a green saloon in Germany if I remember rightly?

I might had spelt it wrong but recolonizing the leathers gets rid of all the wear/cracks etc and makes them look near enough new.

Ali - Yeah the saloons are reasonably rare in the UK, there was only 700 brought to the UK and I know of a 'friend' that has written off two saloons! Both again reasonably rare, one being technoviolet and brilliance green, probably the one Hamster bought for Top Gear! Lol

Nick

Fiesta ST-3
Does look nice mate. Looking fairly dated lately though after seeing the influx of E46's on the forum, I like the wheels tbh :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheers all!

Fred - Hamster used a green saloon in Germany if I remember rightly?

I might had spelt it wrong but recolonizing the leathers gets rid of all the wear/cracks etc and makes them look near enough new.

Ali - Yeah the saloons are reasonably rare in the UK, there was only 700 brought to the UK and I know of a 'friend' that has written off two saloons! Both again reasonably rare, one being technoviolet and brilliance green, probably the one Hamster bought for Top Gear! Lol

Nick

Mace wrote one off too so now you know 3! lol.

Turbos.
It looks bloody awful...but then it gives it a bit of a Q car look, which is strangely appealing.

Would love to see it restored to as new, including the peeling stickers!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You need a 318 badge Nick ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUamnxISTLsc_UyiFV3S9x_km281fROrR3OIRfsOmkrFxwtvCaCV6fZChW_g.jpg

Cars looks great though, very stealth like, although

M3's in individual colours are of course, the Hero's choice, even more so when rolling on BBS RC's :hail:

e36-rear.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Very nice . Was looking at one myself but running cost and repair bills have scared me off :)

What miles is she on ?

Alan

if it's an original colour it looks like sierrarot. quite rare but not my cuppa!

Definitely a keeper that one though, looks mint

Morarot is what you mean, yeah a much darker colour, burgandy almost. This is completely different.

It looks bloody awful...but then it gives it a bit of a Q car look, which is strangely appealing.

Would love to see it restored to as new, including the peeling stickers!

Indeed at the moment it does just look like a normal 3 series with sport bumpers. I will be putting it back to completely standard Rob and then slowly restoring it to like it was when it was new, but it will take a lot of time and money as you'll know! Oh and I do want to replace the stickers also!

As others have said it does look very dated in comparison to the newer E46 shape but it was never my intention to buy the newest car I could with my money, for the money I paid on this car I could have well bought a 'rough around the edges' E46. I've always wanted a car that has potential to become a future classic and be completely OEM which is near mint/showroom condition, and that's appreciated by enthusiasts rather than chavs.

Nick

You need a 318 badge Nick ;)

Cars looks great though, very stealth like, although M3's in individual colours are of course, the Hero's choice, even more so when rolling on BBS RC's :hail:

Dave - No 318 badges here i'm afraid. :(

Very nice . Was looking at one myself but running cost and repair bills have scared me off :)

What miles is she on ?

Alan

When I looked at the history of this car it was the reason I went with it, having had so much stuff replaced through wear and tear and had numerous owners who actually cared about the car before me has saved a lot of potential problems. Not to say that I wont have any but the chances are a lot slimmer than some of the abused examples out there.

Mileage is currently on just over 140,000 but the car had an engine failure at 85,000 miles with the first owner and was replaced by BMW under warrenty, so the engine has done almost 60k. All the suspension, bushes underneath, clutch, flywheel, diff, prop has been replaced for Genuine BMW parts so I drives sublime. Actually drives better than the Audi and thats 6 years younger!

Nick

120d M Sport
I think thats awesome! All the performance and very little to give it away, meaning less unwanted attention! Love the colour too tbh.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Nick I know my paints, it's sierrarot ;) Morarot is almost purple

/Geekmodeon

From memory, Sierrarot is the non-M 'ginger' colour (its more reddy, as Rot=red in German), with Byzanz Orange being the M-only version ... it is also more orangey. They are both very very similar colours - like Techno Violet/Velvet Blue in fact.

/Geekmodeoff

;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I think thats awesome! All the performance and very little to give it away, meaning less unwanted attention! Love the colour too tbh.

Exactly this.

Look forward to seeing how this turns out Nick, sure I'll see it at some point in the future :)

Evo 5 RS
/Geekmodeon

From memory, Sierrarot is the non-M 'ginger' colour (its more reddy, as Rot=red in German), with Byzanz Orange being the M-only version ... it is also more orangey. They are both very very similar colours - like Techno Violet/Velvet Blue in fact.

/Geekmodeoff

;)

No need for the geekmode fella, I just realised the code sticker is in one of his pictures rofl

I stand corrected ;)

e91 330d/type r mini
you cant beat a good e36 m3, not so kean on the colour but its definately original.last of the real m3's without all the stupid driver aids in the way.i found the 2 i had much easier to drive quick than the e46 and alot more raw.
if i bought another one the first job on my list would be some arp rod bolts as i had a massive engine blow up with a rod going through both sides of the block :(
here was my dakar yellow one which i px'd against my alpina b3 for a mere 3k :( i must of been mad to let it go for that 4 years ago.
PICT0004.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Nice car!

I love E36 M3s. Would love a mint one i can just lock away and tinker with.

I can't work out the colour. Think it's one of those that I need to clean to appreciate!

Again, not sure on the car either, but photos can be very deceptive. Glad you've finally got something you were after though Nick.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's awesome.

Saloons are so much nicer than the Coupe, I even prefer the wheels.

Great buy!