ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finaly my offset

i finally got around to checking what my offset is and no wonder its rubbing its a ET35 :eek: im gonna have to go have words with the garage i bought my car off now what should i go for on 17x7.5 using 205/40/17 ET37/8

depends how bad its rubbing......check how much clearance you need and add that to the offset you got.

They suually rub on an inside lip just infront of the bumper edge if its rubbing on the actual wing, you can get a felt covered dolly and tap it gently till its flat and the lip aint there.

For the BIG lip in the arch, a big hamemr then hammerite after its out the way.

Here is a wheel offset calculator this will allow you to plug in your std wheel and the utilise the wheel arch space to its maximim for your other wheels.

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.htmlhttp://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

Example 7x16 ET 48

Need 7.5 x 17 ET 42

The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be THE SAME
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 12mm.

Then just plug in your own numbers, hope this helps.

Thus increasing scrub radius and SAI offset.

Which will lead toa more fighty steering wheel and a less precise steering effort.

ideally you would want to expend the TCAs and increase offset so you bring the steering axis into the tyre centreline.

But thats me being anal lol....

laymands: decrease the offset too much and you move the centreline out further, leading to increased forces acting on the steering from outside forces.......i.e. you will fight more with the wheel.

A few mm is on, but wide wide wheels are a no no.

crap picture lol but thats where its catching it

with a 35 offset

so comapared to standard wheels this is what that page says

The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 7mm MORE
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 19mm

and with a 42 offset

The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 12mm

so is that what im looking for

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1053190150__DSCF0050.jpg

is it catching on the front or rear?

is it a MK1 or MK2?

if you decrease the offset the WHOLE wheel will more out more, increase it and it will move IN more.....simple, you cant more the outside of a wheel without moving the inside.

huh???

if you increase offset the you will move the WHOLE wheel inwards. WHich means the outside will move away from the arch and the inside CLOSER to the shock.

you checked shock clearance?

with a 35 offset

so comapared to standard wheels this is what that page says

The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 7mm MORE
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 19mm

and with a 42 offset

The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 12mm

i think its a great skill to get everything else in focus except the part you were aiming for! top job! :p

well compared to the standard mk2 172 wheels 7" with et48 offset

mine with at et35 makes the gap between the strut and wheel 7mm bigger and the wheel sticks out 19mm further than standard

if i put et42 on it maks the wheel move 7mm inwards so the distance between the strut and wheel is the same as it would have been on standard wheels and then it only sticks 12mm further out

lol.....no need mate.....i dont think im going.

Hope its all sorted....

are they provding new wheels? or you buying new ones?

im going to nick them off his new 911 :D im off to see him on monday to see what he will do if nothing im gonna have to buy more not looking forward to that at all