ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finchspeed 172 PH2 trackday car

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
yeah will be doing afew sessions with everyone once its running. There was a laserpoint alarm under the bonnet ripped it out and the wiring loom for it. dont have the key fobs for it and i dont think it was working !

mamaged to snap the bleed nipple trying to slacken it off !

rb182 cup
crackin pics mike....i'll look out 4 u in town. last time i saw you was at chester races in 2009

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Will try posting somemore pics tonight, progress has been slow.

I have got to fit a new bonnet lever handle cable and mechanism today as when i bought the car the handle had broke off and pliers has been used to pull cable.

I removed all ofthis last night, sum1 had installed an laserline alarm an routed the wiring loom through the rubber of the bonnet cable, was really tight and think this was putting additional strain on the handle.

Ive removed the alarm and taken out the wiring loom as i dont have the fobs and am using the renault alarm.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Progressed with the Front Brake install and hubs painted.

cl1.jpg

KW Variant 2's ready to be installed. Cant wait to get it on the track eventually,heard nothink but good things about them. I have got the variant 1 on my C20XE corsa which ive owned over 10 years now !

cl2.jpg

Brembo HC grooved discs up front.
cl3.jpg

Got alittle distracted ! Purchased a Nissan 1999 200sx S14A 54,000 miles, totally original, 1 owner from new and every service and Mot done at Nissan !

Ive always wanted one and probably one of the best examples in the UK

cl4.jpg

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Another Purchase for the daily Drive, New tyres were required all round for MOT so i bought some 19 inch CSL Reps and fitted falken 452's all round, bloody expensive !

Hence why progress is slow due to lack of funds !

cl5.jpg

Kw's fitted, this is at there lowest setting on 17's ! Just wanted to see how it looked, awesome but only for show ! Will be raised for the track and smaller alloys !

cl6.jpg

Made a start on the rear coilovers too, Need to purchase some rear brakes and pads too when i have some spare money !

cl7.jpg

Just another pic from the other side

cl8.jpg

Just afew more pics adjusting the front shocks.

Do i purchase some solid Top Mounts ? Not sure if it makes the difference or not ?

What do people think ? Please let me know.

also would like front and rear strut braces and uprated roll bar.

cl9.jpgcl10.jpg

Anyone advise set up for the track ?

Once i have sorted some front calipers i will get the car MOTD and take it up to Demon Tweeks for alignment.

The car also needs a nice full stainless system, keeping my eyes open for a good condition 2nd hand one if not will have to save for this too !

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Calipers refurbushed, new brake lines and brembo HC grooved discs all fitted, Just need to bleed the rear ass there is still air in the lines.

Car wouldnt start manged to pin point it to the TDC sensor after checking everythinkelse ! i cleaned up the connector blocks and it managed to fire up but its definately missing.

Ordered a new TDC sensor from Renault and should have it monday and fitted.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I' going to book my car in at Demon Tweeks on friday to have alignment done all round and camber set. i may see if they can fit my polyflex gearbox bushes while its on the ramps

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
New TDC sensor fitted with new wiring loom.

awaiting stock of powerflex anti roll bar bushes before taking to demon tweeks for alignment.

Got afew more jobs to get done prior to taking for MOT.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Afew more jobs completed, New refurbished calipers fitted. Brakes bled but will require bleeding again as there is still some air within the system due to the majority of the brake fluid been drained out a while back when the goodridge brake lines being fitted.

DSCF0840.jpg
New calipers

DSCF0847.jpg
calipers fitted along with Brembo Hc's

DSCF0873.jpg
Powerflex Dogmount Bush kit

cc.jpg
dogmount in place prior to removal

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 196

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
DSCF0870.jpg
Bushes laid out

DSCF0871.jpg
marked up prior to install

DSCF0872.jpg
The big Bush !

DSCF0879.jpg
Exterior shot, its a clio !

DSCF0880.jpg
front end pic

DSCF0881.jpg
Side view

DSCF0882.jpg
Mille Miglia T12's of my corsa.

DSCF0883.jpg
Close up, Not bad considering ive had these alloys since 2004 !!!!!!!

DSCF0884.jpg

DSCF0885.jpg
Rear end needs a carbon clio badge from inferno i think !

DSCF0886.jpg
Rear side view.

I still have my 16 inch OZ ultraleggras to fit once it is ready for the road and had all the alignment set up done at demon tweeks.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I decided to have another crack at stripping some of the weight out the car.

1st time round i discovered the torx bolt o the drivers side pillar at the bottom had a stipped head so i couldnt get the seat belt and rear door card out and i also found the same with the one for the rear passengers located on the roof !

The previous owner must have caused this !

Managed to get a torx bit to sit tight in the damaged head with the aid of a hammer and to my suprise i was able to undo it ! :approve:

DSCF0897.jpg
rear seats removed along with junk !

DSCF0898.jpg
My bucket seats

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Power steering pump needs replacing ! Thats not a cheap job ! its looking like a £350 job :dapprove:

Also need to get a stainless exhaust, Yozza or a BTB . Just need to save some pennies up and decide as i think there a similar price.

This car is costing me an arm and leg !

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
OZ ultraleggras fitted with Toyo T1R'S.

Just received box of goodies from SMC renault, rear discs and pads, New PAS pump, aux belt kit, exhaust gasket and PAS hub.

Front wishbones dropped off at birchdown for Powerflex bush fitment.

Scorpion system also fitted now.

Not long now i will be mot and put the car on the road.

A trip to Demon Tweeks for alignment will be done also

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
There my Mille Miglia t12's of my corsa ive owned for 10 years. They do suit the car really well

I just put them on because it had some horrid tsw's that someone had sprayed with tin cans !

ive got my 16 inch OZ's on now will take some pics.

I'm just waiting for a new rear spacer fro the rear discs to arrive to complete the rear brakes and get my front wishbones back from Birchdown

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Engine removed about 2 month ago ready for engine block cleaning, cambelt replacement and new PAS pump to be fitted prior to putting on the road.

cant beleive ive owned this car so long and never driven it yet, keep having thoughts of selling everythink as i have to many cars / projects !

Not good thoughts !

anyone local fancy giving me a hand fitting new cambelt and PAS pump while the engine is out ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
While the engine is out to get new cambelt, belts, dephaser, power steering pumps etc ive decided to clean afew parts and powdercoat.

IMG-20120929-00311.jpg

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
182 Manifold and de-cat sourced.

Just need to deliver engine along with Cambelt kit and dephaser pulley

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Spent today on the car doing afew jobs on the front end. Lower wishbones re-fitted along with hubs and discs and front wheels back on do I can move it out the garage tommorow.

Engine will be going down to birch wood when I get a day of work !

also bought something fruity today for her :)

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Turbo engine didnt happen as i was in a serious car accident at christmas ! :-(

i am about to start back on trying to re-build my clio now as my van has broke !

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Gearbox bolted upto engine lastnight and hopefully get this fitted tonight if my up rated engine and gearbox mount has arrived

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Finally back on with this project ! I was involved in a serious accident when my 400 bhp Nissan decided to try and kill me .

money has been tight and I couldn't walk for about 3 months .

I've never got to drive the clio as I bought it needing work

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
[URLhttp://s923.photobucket.com/user/finch1983/media/Project clio Trackday car/image-7.jpg.html]
image-7.jpg
[/URL]

Engine & gearbox install

image-4.jpg

Engine and box in place

image-10.jpg

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
No it was leaking when I bought the car . I found a hole in the aluminium part of the hose on close inspection , thought it was the pump at first !

The Nissan was totalled , I almost died and had to be cut out the wreckage ! I was cut out and flown to hospital !