ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finding rear speaker wire in MK2 Clio?

Clio Campus Sport
I was looking the other day at the possibility of adding rear speakers to my 2006 MK2 Renault Clio Campus Sport due the mounting holes already being there for the speakers, just no connector. After looking online, apparently, if there are eights wires in the connector on the back of the radio, the wiring for the rear speakers is somewhere in the car. Is this correct and if so where are they normally located?
Here is a picture of the back of the radio (if it helps):
radio_connector.jpg

Clio ll ph 1
Can someone answer to this please?
Im looking to add rear speakers vut i dont know should i start digging into the pannels or is there any way to find out that there are/arent wiring for the rear speakers.

Listerine & Poledo
Given it's taken nearly 2 years to not get an answer so far, I'd say you'd do better to have a look and report back to the forum ;)

Clio ll ph 1
Given it's taken nearly 2 years to not get an answer so far, I'd say you'd do better to have a look and report back to the forum ;)
I know but i am to busy right now hehe.. next week im going to take a look and start upgrading my audio :D

Listerine & Poledo
Good luck.

Some suggestions:
The standand renault front speakers are actually pretty decent. Unless you wanted to put a standalone amplifier in the game, in which case they would need changing.
The quickest way to make a big difference will be to get a 1/2 decent headunit with HP/LP filter options.
Cut bass to the speakers, let them focus on the mid and treble.
Then use any sub you like to fill out the low end.

of course, if you want to shake your windows out, yeah, you'll end up with amps, upgraded speakers etc.

At this point though, I wouldn't even bother looking into the rear speaker pods. SO long as you've got treble up front, whats behind you wont matter too much.

good luck!

Clio ll ph 1
Good luck.

Some suggestions:
The standand renault front speakers are actually pretty decent. Unless you wanted to put a standalone amplifier in the game, in which case they would need changing.
The quickest way to make a big difference will be to get a 1/2 decent headunit with HP/LP filter options.
Cut bass to the speakers, let them focus on the mid and treble.
Then use any sub you like to fill out the low end.

of course, if you want to shake your windows out, yeah, you'll end up with amps, upgraded speakers etc.

At this point though, I wouldn't even bother looking into the rear speaker pods. SO long as you've got treble up front, whats behind you wont matter too much.

good luck!
Thanks man.. but tbh ill firstly get some decent front speakers, ill move oem ones to the back of the car(thanks for advice) and ill get some nice tweeters and prob put them into A pillars cause ive heard it gives nice effect (and ill buy some alpinas so it looks nice :D). Later ill think about getting amplifier(depends on quality of first setup).
Again thanks for your suggestion and have a nice day :)