ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIRST CAR CLIO 1.5

clio 1.5 DCI
Ive just recently bought my first car. im so happy with it. Its a 1.5 dci 02 plate. Its a 3door. its cost me £900 and its had a new cam belt rear and front lights fitted tyres timing belt panels repaired 6 panels resprayed TAX till august MOT til august.

Ive customised it abit mysle by addin the following.

Front and rear mud flaps
A sun strip
side windows tinted (rear wen get time)
a sport badge on back
renault sport decal on front side windows at top
xenon full light kit (side main dip full fog)

considering adding :
viper stripes
new short arial
bucket seat
carbon film to interior
aIr filter
dump valve
gettin my silver alloys powder coated black

and thoughts or ideas welcomed thanks.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Good that you're happy with it. Not really a fan of the plans or what's been done, sorry.

clio 1.5 DCI
wha u not a fan of. its my first car so kinda in no man lands as t wha i shud and shunt do lol. im savin for a megane sport so tha wont b gettin modded in any chavy way lol. just want my clio t look abit more sporty lol

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The sun strip, sport badge, decals, HIDs, 'viper' stripes and black alloys are the ones that I'm really not a fan of. I prefer subtle mods to just enhance the look of the standard car. But that's just me.

Bux

Golf GTD
It's a 1.5 dci, just accept that it'll never be sporty. Don't try and make it into something it isn't; adding sport badges to it isn't fooling anyone and they look silly unless they're on an actual Renault Sport.

Audi A5
Firstly try to use full stops and commas.

You've got a good car for your first car, very economic engine but make sure you've got a couple quid spare in the bank because if the engine goes wrong it can be quite expensive.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Get yourself onto www.cliodci.net.

Here what my finished dCi project turned out like:

6545045689_b532ae05f1_z.png

7281888188_c306676bba_z.png

Don't spend and waste loads of money on your first car.
Make it look smart and neat, with modification you can sell on when you move onto something bigger and better.

172 Cup
The only things you should be doing to your 1.5 dci if you want it to remain tasteful are: Lower it, fit nice alloys, colour code various trim and fit RS bumpers / skirts / spoiler.

Fitting RS badges is a big no-no, especially if the rest of the car is lacking RS parts.

53 Clio's & counting
Welcome mate, advise I can give is don't bother with the stripes and tints etc, put your money into a nice set of wheels (15 or 16 inch) and lower it - it will improve the looks and handling and will be easily reversible when you come to sell the car

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
what michael said, altho if its a 65, make sure you be more carfull as to what you mod the engine with. it comes with no intercooler stock, and has the basic injectors and a not soo boost happy turbo.

dci 80's have coolers and better injectors and a better turbo
dci 100's have the best of all + stronger internals to handle the added fuel and boost ratio's.

i would add an EGR bypass to that aswell, fuking things are usless!