ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting 6 1/2" door speakers

172 cup
Hi, i bought some component door speakers from ebay ( vibe sek50 ) which are 13cm speakers but when they arrived they were the sek60 and 17cm. Ive had a search and it seems people have managed to fit them but it requires cutting out part of the door card! Is it advisable to do this, or just get the correct size ? Also the tweeters look huge and not sure if i'll get them in the dash.
The seller will take them back its just i cant be bothered to send them back lol and seem like a tidy speaker.
Anybody managed to fit a set ?
Cheers

172 cup
He listed them wrong, just cant be bothered to package them back up, send them and wait a weeks for a refund! If i cant fit them my mate will have them for his leon. Its just i wired them up in the car and they sounded awesome!

172 cup
The other ones will be better as they will fit better. are you using the standard HU?

Have you got a link to the sek-50 please

Mental 172 Cup
As above, 6.5" will be loads better then 5.25" speakers aswell.. Those vibe speakers are epic.. I had them for ages until the tweeters broke..

172 cup
Fitting them is a piece of piss so long as you don't mind cutting your doorcards and making up a mdf ring.
Excellent, is it just the doorcard plastic you have to cut, and then fit the spacer onto the door ? Think i read somewhere 10mm for spacer, is that ok ?
@ Luke, i know im gonna have to get them in now lol.. They are quite an improvement over standard! Did the tweeters fit ok in the dash? And im guessing its a dash off job as they are pretty big.
Cheers for your help lads

1.2 16v clio
4-7DC741BA-980847-800.jpg

can be done without cutting the card but it will be alot of work

Renault Clio mk2
View attachment 999613

can be done without cutting the card but it will be alot of work
Hi, very old post at this point but worth a try.

Bionic, I’ve seen your custom 6.5 speaker grills and just wondered if you had any tips on how you’ve made that? Presumably you’ve managed to fit 6.5 speakers in without cutting anything?

Cheers