ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Coilovers - Help for Beer Tokens :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all,

Finally got round to getting some coilovers and was looking at getting them fitted at a garage but fancied getting to grips and learning how to do them myself. However, I'm a complete spaz with cars so really need someone to give me a hand (Read: Do them for me while I watch/make drinks/pass tools).

I will obvs give you some beer tokens for putting up with my silly questions haha.

Thanks
Ethan

172 + 350z
Take it from your username you are from Leeds?
It is a fairly straight forward job, rear is easiest and front isn't too hard. I went round and cleaned/loosened all bolts the day before I wanted to fit them so when it came to fitting was a straight forward job

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Mate i'd love to help with this but i'm currently ill to the knackers. Been in bed all today :(

Can you wait till next weekend when i'm hopefully much much better? Can do it at mine too where i've got everything to do it. Won't take long at all, did mine on a Novembers evening after work @leeds2592

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Would love to help you out, but a bit to far away I'm afraid. It really is not that hard of a job, rear is the easiest to do also you'd be best to go to a garage/tyre place and ask them to buzz gun the front top mounts loose and then hand tighten them again as they can be hard to undo.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/guide-how-to-change-replace-front-worn-suspension-struts-springs-with-pics.319663/

Trust me, I'd find a way of buggering it up.

And the fact it says Leeds in the Location lol.

There is that too haha. @Yorkshire I'm in Middleton/Rothwell.

Mate i'd love to help with this but i'm currently ill to the knackers. Been in bed all today 😧

Can you wait till next weekend when i'm hopefully much much better? Can do it at mine too where i've got everything to do it. Won't take long at all, did mine on a Novembers evening after work @leeds2592

I'm off to Isle of Wight Festival this weekend so I won't be free until the weekend after anyway. Also, lad that I bought my coilovers off forgot to send the c spanner and adjusters for the rear so waiting for them also at the moment.

I'll drop you a PM later Dan.