ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting external rev counter

My model of clio is a very basic spec and doesnt ave rev counter. just wondering if is possible to fit external one and how easy is it to fit?

Shauny

DIET engine on those.. Direct Ignition.

If you use say dials out of a RT, you will need them converting to work with yer ignition system...

Aftermarket ones should work - if you get the right one. I had some originals converted, so its basically an aftermarket rev counter inside.. - I then wired it into the direct ignition module..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

if you want a fast and the furiose style tacho, i.e the 6" ones with a shift light they are easy to wire up, and just basically connect to the coil or ignition pack.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

um will be 60- 300 quid depending on which 1 you want, u will need to take the top part of your dash off to feed the wires through, u need to connect 3 or 4 wires, 1 is permanent live, other is switched live, and 1 of the others is 1 that you need to connect to the coil or ignition module.

pretty easy to do and looks good.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Quote: Originally posted by sbmbailey on 10 September 2003

i have a 1994 1.2 rl and i just stuck sum 16v clocks in mine, all work a treat :D
How easy was this?

Cos that what pisses me off from changing from a car with a rev counter, i did actually look at it alot, now with my 1.2 RN its just nothing but a huge space where something is missing!