ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FITTING FOG LIGHTS 1.2 W REG, HELP!!!

J

jakm15

Hi, I have a W REG 1.2 Clio Grande; it does not have front fog lights at the moment. I am going to go to the scrap yard at the weekend to buy some. I would like some advice as to how to fit them. Is the wiring already there or not. If it is not could I run a positive and negative feed to both of them straight from the battery and have some kind of switch in the dash somewhere. If the wiring loom is there how do I fit them, I would need a new stalk as mine only has the rear fog light on it (OR IS IT POSSIBLE TO WIRE IT SO THEY COME ON WHEN I SWITCH THE REAR FOGS ON???) and how would I fit this??? Also any ideas to how much they would cost from a scrap yard??
Any ideas, help etc would be much appreciated
Thanks a lot.

:D:D:D:D:D

You'll need to get the wiring too, and the screws to hold the actual units in place. You'll also need an indicator stalk with the fog light switch (if yours hasn't got one already), but that's all I know!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
You'll need to get the wiring too, and the screws to hold the actual units in place. You'll also need an indicator stalk with the fog light switch (if yours hasn't got one already), but that's all I know!

done forget the clips that go onto into the bumper for the screws to screw into!! lol

also, no the wiring isnt already there,
yes you do need a new stalk,
and maybe depending on how good your knowledge of your cars wiring diagram is, (for the could i wire them to come on with the rear fog)
and about £50 from a scrappy, depending on what theyre like,
yes you could run a feed from the battery,
but i would suggest having a solenoid going to the switch, and an inline fuse at some point too,

tbh its not really worth it,
the winters coming to an end, your not even going to use them,
unless your one of those w*****s that drives everywhere with theyre fogs on,

ive put them in my bumper, i just havnt bothered wiring them up,
i like them, id just never use them lol.

J

jakm15

dont think i can be arsed wiring them up now ill end up making them come on when i put radio or sumthin lol, im goin scrap yard for sum ph2 lights and a little spoiler at weekend i mint get sum if ther goin cheap cos i just like the look of them. no im not like those w*****s who drive around with there fog lights on all time they piss me off lol. cheers any way. :D