ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer ph1 track project

Clio RS
Rostfree? Really? There is rust not only at the sills...there is rost everywhere...

the car is stripped...why dont yo Strip a other one to use the complete bodywork... that would save a lot of work.

Ive never seen a rusty coar like this...would not save it, sorry for this :(

Clio RS
Rostfree? Really? There is rust not only at the sills...there is rost everywhere...

the car is stripped...why dont yo Strip a other one to use the complete bodywork... that would save a lot of work.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Really refreshing to see one being repaired rather than broken up, especially being a ph1. Good luck with the bodywork, looking forward to seeing it back in one piece

Ads

Saving it as most ph1 nowadays get scrapped or reshelled that's why there is hardly any now. Gives more sense of accomplishment working hard to save it rather than scrapping and using another shell. You don't buy a new pair of shoes just because you broke a lace to do?

Really refreshing to see one being repaired rather than broken up, especially being a ph1. Good luck with the bodywork, looking forward to seeing it back in one piece

Ads

Thanks man. Will be long and hard work but worth it to keep another ph1 alive

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Thanks man. Will be long and hard work but worth it to keep another ph1 alive

Definitely is, I'd love a ph1 but I don't have the room for another at the moment, and with the amount being broken up/scrapped they'll only go up in value

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Still can't believe how rotten some of the mk2's are becoming. In my mind a mk2 is still brand new, it can't rust!! Lol!

So glad you're saving it though, too easy to chuck the towel in and if they start getting saved now more to enjoy in the future

Definitely is, I'd love a ph1 but I don't have the room for another at the moment, and with the amount being broken up/scrapped they'll only go up in value

Yeah there seems to be a lot getting scrapped just now :(
Haha will be surprised if mine will sell for much

Still can't believe how rotten some of the mk2's are becoming. In my mind a mk2 is still brand new, it can't rust!! Lol!

So glad you're saving it though, too easy to chuck the towel in and if they start getting saved now more to enjoy in the future

I've seen more rusty mk2s than ph1 tbh but the might just be up my way.

I hope after fixing it I will have years of enjoyment out of it :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
The phase 1 is a mk2 mate, lol!! It's just wierd to me to see them come of age and start to die die to rust as it was always a mk1 ailment

But 100% behind the save. I've got 2 Mk1's suffering similar, one is 23 and other is 24 this year and plan is to save both

Clio RS
Saving it as most ph1 nowadays get scrapped or reshelled that's why there is hardly any now. Gives more sense of accomplishment working hard to save it rather than scrapping and using another shell. You don't buy a new pair of shoes just because you broke a lace to do?

I drive a ph 1, too. And saved it, after a chrash, and solve the rust as ive found it. I know this and I totaly agree.

But! A bodywork from a good Clio is only a sparepart too. So to rescue you could change this part as each other part too. To manage rust is a relay hard work :(

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
have you ever weighed this btw @doug6488 ? its pretty heavily stripped etc. so intrigued to know how light a phase 1 can be made :)

Certainly a lot of work to take on, but I shall be along for the progress!

Looks like you've got a rather nice work space too :up:

Thanks man.
its a good project to take on as i love the car so it will be getting everything it needs plus a few more things 😂

I drive a ph 1, too. And saved it, after a chrash, and solve the rust as ive found it. I know this and I totaly agree.

But! A bodywork from a good Clio is only a sparepart too. So to rescue you could change this part as each other part too. To manage rust is a relay hard work 😧

tbh when i got my donor shell i did think about just moving everything across to save time and work but as im in no real rush to get it done and want it to be a learning project too ive decided to keep the ph1 shell to work on and build up. Dont get me wrong would be far less hassle just to reshell into the donor but wheres the fun in that 😂

Also got engine and box out last night to inspect where the oil leak is coming from. I think it's from the seal on the gearbox but won't be sure until I split them.

IMG_1750.PNG

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ive not had it weighed as of yet no. once built back up with engine, cage etc im hoping to be in the low 900s :smirk:
Should be doable, my mk1 is 860 currently stripped heavily but with quite an extensive cage, and the phase 1 172 isn't much heavier

Some more progress done this weekend

Got all sound deadening out from inside car and engine bay. Started stripping off the paint inside too. What a job this is to do!

Anyone know where I could get the car soda blasted in Scotland??

IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1753.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG

Still need to cut out passenger side sill to get a look there too but getting held up due to "politics" in my unit

Never realised it been over a year since I last updated this
Car is now in final stage of prep to be road worthy again just needs alignment and few other things.
I'l try put up some pictures I have took over the year. I'l leave my Instagram tag as loads of pictures can be found there also. Doug6488

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Looks great, have you got any track days planned? Bet you can't wait to get it out :up:

Steering wheel release has been changed over since that pic was taken.

Only track day booked so far is the weekender in blyton this year. That's been the aim for getting ready although hoping to get a few shake down days in before hand.

Finished pictures will follow once everything is buttoned up and good to go [emoji106]

Would of loved to keep it flame but budget wouldn't allow it [emoji21]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk