ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat paint advice please

My white 306 has been sat around for years and I want restore the flat looking paint as easily and quickly as possible. It's mostly in good condition but with a few stubborn marks and the whole car is not glossy at all.

Is there a good product for restoring/cutting/polishing? Is T-Cut still viable etc?

106 GTi
Mostly oxidisation I would expect so a chemical cleaner like Klasse All In One is a better option than cutting paint back by hand.

Use Meguiars Scratch X as needed on any defect areas.

Cheers Rich. Do you think I can get this stuff in a store such as Hafords? I'm really looking at doing this polishing tomorrow and can't be arsed to wait :)

106 GTi
You wont get the Klasse All in One in Halfords but you will the Scratch X.

Of the shelf I would use Scratch X and Autoglym Super Resin, neither will cut through oxidised paint as effectively and as quicker as the Klasse will though.

You could also try some Meguiars DC1 Paint cleaner as that may be a Klasse AIO replacement as that is a chemical based cleaner

Ok thanks man. So the Scratch X will bring back the gloss? Will the ASR not do this? Remember I'm after a quick restoration so I can proudly use the white bus after I sell the bean nearer CTR time. I'm not after a show quality finish or UberProtection or anything :)

106 GTi
The SRP alone will restore the gloss may need a couple of applications as the cleaners in it are not a strong as the ones in Klasse.

Scratch X to the whole car is a 'mare so just use it as and where needed on deeper marks and stubborn bits.

Other route is the Megs DC1 paint cleaner to the whole car then a coat of the Autoglym Super Resin as a respectable quick fix.

So I attacked it with SRP. Some areas needed 2 applications. Other areas I was forced to use T-Cut and then SRP. Took me 5 hours to restore her today but it was worth it :)

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Can I suggets Carlack 68 Nano Systematic Care. This is exactly the same product as the AIO but direct from Germany and as such quite a bit cheaper.