ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Boost Project

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Innit!

B5335402-B199-4A48-9ACB-F966CEF86542_zpsenbsd7fd.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Well, it looks like the cooler is causing me to lose 2 psi of boost so it might be time to TURN UP DA BOOOOOOOOST!
2psi is a lot considering it won't be that high boost.

I think the issue is the turbo! Anything over 8psi into a anything over 1400cc and it'll just cook itself.
Get a T25 on it!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I thought he said 6 or 8 psi. I just looked at his RR print out on the front page and it says 976 mbar which is about 14 psi I believe? lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
If it is 14psi it's a long way over the efficiency of that turbo.

He'd get the same power from 8psi out of a T25.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If it's 14psi I've lost 9psi lol
It's not going to be running a bar but looks like it may have at the time of the RR?
2psi loss would be about right. It'll also be a lot more laggy if you have lost as much as that.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I thought he said 6 or 8 psi. I just looked at his RR print out on the front page and it says 976 mbar which is about 14 psi I believe? lol

Surely thats the atmospheric pressure, which will be used in the power caluculation. It's one of the correction factors.

Its' not the boost pressure!

My last RR it was 1002.9

RB Clio 182
Whats the yellow dot on the front bumper mate?

Looks much better now, the wheels look good, but i think silver would look even better, also silver badges and calipers etc and the rear wiper back on :smile:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Whats the yellow dot on the front bumper mate?

Looks much better now, the wheels look good, but i think silver would look even better, also silver badges and calipers etc and the rear wiper back on :smile:

It's the tow hook cover but someone has put a mango one on.

Scene.

Cool car. Not a big fan of Saxos, think mainly sue to the ultra chavy image (says he in a bright yellow clio sport), but this is great. [emoji106]

Chav sleeper. Looks in great condition bodywork wise too. I like the dark wheels. But silver badges etc would be good.

Good fun I bet, my mk2 20v turbo golf gti was sleeper fun [emoji41]