ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front fog light help

Renault Clio Alize
Hello, I have a mk2 ph1 1999 alize. I fitted ph2 rear lights on my car and did all the wiring my self. All lights on the rear works perfectly and in the right order. I drove the car for maybe 3 miles with my new rear lights on and my front fog lights on. Turn ignition off and then on after I finished in shop and my front fogs won't work. All bulbs are fine, fuse is fine and the dashboard light illumates like normal but no lights. Could it be a coincidence or is it a relay problem? How can I tell?? Would my dash lights show it its a relay problem? Can I try my headlight replay on my fogs or visa versa?? Help please!!

172 Ph1
The front fog lamp relay is on the lower internal housing behind the passengers side dash / glovebox area .
Check all powers and switch powers to and from the front fog relay there before you go any further .
Could just be a crap connection or relay sh*t itself

Renault Clio Alize
Thanks for your reply, I'll have a look later. I hope this is related to a bad connection in the new rear lights but I dealt it. I started the car up last night and normally you turn it once and she starts fine every time but last night night it took 2, it was like it just cut out. This morning, I had the stop and the service light lite up with the imbobilser light flashing like no tomorrow, she turned over but wouldn't start, 2nd time started fine though. I'm self employed and I work about 7 miles from home, I haven't had the pleasure to try it again since I got to work.

Can anyone tell me if it is or isn't related? I think it might be the ECU on the way out

Renault Clio Alize
Spent a good hr down the garage today, he ran a diagnosis and all came back fine, no problems with the wires or immobiliser. He did a test with his electric testing screwdriver on the front fogs and when they are switched on I have 2 lives, when they are off, I have a live and a earth. It's the same for both fogs. He is investigating it on Monday. Anyone have any ideas?