ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Splitter (Little Different)

S4 Avant
Been looking at various designs of splitter, and I'm loving the splitters fitted to touring cars and the like at the moment. Is there anywhere that I could find/make something along these lines for the 1*2? Could it even be a project for me, to make something similar to the splitters you see on the vees? Although I appreciate it would mainly be for cosmetics.

Some pictures to explain:

3.jpg

4.jpg

1-1.jpg

5.jpg

However, please forgive me if my creativeness has offended those of you who religously follow the turinis and silvervisions.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
1067722-1.jpg

Look at the black splitter at the bottom. These come as standard on this car but can be bought for £100. Would probably look nice.

I think a big splitter would look a bit odd tbh. You could see about one that some 197's have on them, i've seen one on a mk1 vee & it didn't look that bad.

S4 Avant
make it out of plywood. Thats what the lotus racers do, wreck too many of them lol.

Well that would have been the starting point in making one, and then either use it as a mould for carbon fibre or something similar, but that would be costing £££s

Do it. Don't extend too far though and incorporate an air dam above the splitter.

Thank you, some one with constructive comments. Much thought needs to be put into it I think, and knowing that everyone on here is so track orientated, I'm surprised at the reaction from most people

Not feeling you TBH Dave.

Oh thank god for that!

I think a big splitter would look a bit odd tbh. You could see about one that some 197's have on them, i've seen one on a mk1 vee & it didn't look that bad.

It wouldn't be a massive tongue like object poking out, just something subtle(ish) but a bit more stated than the standard strip of plastic.

182 Cup
Thank you, some one with constructive comments. Much thought needs to be put into it I think, and knowing that everyone on here is so track orientated, I'm surprised at the reaction from most people

PM me your e-mail address. I've got some good info on splitters and air dams.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That just looks like a black piece of plastic. Ie the 307 ones.

i think they look great on the vees and also save the bumper from getting a beating.

not sure if it would work on a 182..... but i say give it a go and find out!