ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel filter location

clio 172
Hi guys I have a 2004 172 and want to change the fuel filter I have picked one up from Camberleys but can find it some people on the internet are saying it's in the fuel tank but I thought that was only on the 182 any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceberg 172
If it has one it's underneath the car rear offside. I've attached a photo to assist.
IMG_1132.JPG

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It is in the fuel tank. Why do you want to change it? The recommended service interval for the fuel filter is 144,000 miles.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
I've had 3 172s and none of them have had external ones I don't think [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My old ph2 172 and my 182 have the filters internally . Personally I wouldn't bother changing any parts on a car unless they have failed and need it changing.

External on my 53 plate 172, changed it a few months back on 68k and it was pretty minging when i poured the petrol out of it so not a bad idea to change for the sake of a few quid

clio 172
i think mine must be in the tank i would like to change it because my car has done 150000 miles and has probably never bean changed

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
IIRC only the 172 Phase 1's had an external filter, everything else was an in-tank sock thingy which has a huge service interval and probably does s**t-all for filtration too.