ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Rail Guard Help (Picture)

Mk5 Golf Gti
Hi guys,

In the process of tidying my engine bay up even more and noticed my car had no fuel rail guard? (No idea whether this is something that all cup models are missing?)

I have bought one that needs a polish up to match the inlets but im missing the bolts needed to fit it properly, does anyone know what they are and where I can order a couple? :)

Thanks guys, here is a picture of what its like currently! Loads of space for the fuel rail guard and will also look the part when its all polished up.

14686271071_c239c80315_c.jpg
Untitled by djjoehryszko, on Flickr

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
As said above drop Adam a PM with this part number - 820 058 4570

Trophy Turbo :)
The bolts snap some times. When doing a oil change.

Easyer to get to filter. Hope u get sorted if not ill have some second hand ones j cos have for the price of a stamp

Ph2 172 Iceberg
I nearly snapped the threads when removing my fuel rail guard, nuts had seized themselves on.

I put some grease over the threads, now the nuts come off easy, less stress on the threads when undoing the nuts.

OP - I would definitely get a fuel rail guard fitted, in the event of a front end smash it could get nasty with the fuel rail exposed.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I nearly snapped the threads when removing my fuel rail guard, nuts had seized themselves on.

I put some grease over the threads, now the nuts come off easy, less stress on the threads when undoing the nuts.

OP - I would definitely get a fuel rail guard fitted, in the event of a front end smash it could get nasty with the fuel rail exposed.

Yep. Because that Renault designed non-descript looking piece of alloy will stop any damage to the fuel lines and/or system entirely in the event of any type of front end smash.

Won't it?

Ph2 172 Iceberg
Yep. Because that Renault designed non-descript looking piece of alloy will stop any damage to the fuel lines and/or system entirely in the event of any type of front end smash.

Won't it?

Lol, calm down now, it's only a forum and what I said was just my opinion.

Me personally, I agree the design is crap but when I have my family in the car with me, in the event of a front end smash I would rather have the fuel rail guard present rather than missing.

I'll take my chances with the fuel rail guard in place thanks. :)

PS. Swing a hammer at your fuel rail guard as hard as you can, then swing a hammer at your fuel rail without the guard as hard as you can, let me know the outcome.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, calm down now, it's only a forum and what I said was just my opinion.

Me personally, I agree the design is crap but when I have my family in the car with me, in the event of a front end smash I would rather have the fuel rail guard present rather than missing.

I'll take my chances with the fuel rail guard in place thanks. :)

PS. Swing a hammer at your fuel rail guard as hard as you can, then swing a hammer at your fuel rail without the guard as hard as you can, let me know the outcome.

There's no need for me to calm down, what I posted was posted in jest and meant to be taken as such!

I was just countering the standard comments that surface on topics like this, just like CUB 's above, questioning intelligence levels of those that don't have it fitted.

A similar argument surfaces every time helmets are discussed. You'd be an idiot not to spend £000s on one, what price your head, you never know what might happen etc., when those exact same people drive every day on the roads without wearing a helmet.

Why would they do that? Their argument states that safety overrides everything!

Apologies for going off topic...

:D