ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage to get my belts done in/near York?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking around to get my belts done now on my 182. Thought i'd shove some pricings up so far with full belt kit and dephaser change. RS Murray are offering £700, Clioturbo are £495, waiting on replies from RSTuning, diamond motors and DTM. What are peoples experiences with Clioturbo? Seems cheap that's all but i had heard good things about them before when they're not busy.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Dephaser worth doing at the same time even with no rattle beforehand? I'm contemplating waterpump but i know that's not a cambelt off job.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm looking around to get my belts done now on my 182. Thought i'd shove some pricings up so far with full belt kit and dephaser change. RS Murray are offering £700, Clioturbo are £495, waiting on replies from RSTuning, diamond motors and DTM. What are peoples experiences with Clioturbo? Seems cheap that's all but i had heard good things about them before when they're not busy.

DDC at Doncaster as well mate.

I wouldn't give my money to Clio turbo after the reviews they've had on here if I'm honest.

Worth travelling to get it done right!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
DDC at Doncaster as well mate.

I wouldn't give my money to Clio turbo after the reviews they've had on here if I'm honest.

Worth travelling to get it done right!

How much were belts/dephaser at DDC? I think it's worthwhile changing the dephaser too for the peace of mind alone.
DDC seem slightly closer to me than Clioturbo too which is good.
Should be looking at about £500 including dephaser from memory.

RSMurray wouldn't budge on the price, it did seem quite high! I just bought a service kit so would I get money off for supplying that as they need to change the oil with dephaser don't they?

That's cheap! I'll give them a ring in a bit and try get booked in. Better sooner than later.

Yeah they said it would take half a day and drop us off in town too. Great service. They recommended the water pump at same time, not sure how long they last on these. If you wanted that at the same time they quoted me an extra £70 to supply and fit.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they said it would take half a day and drop us off in town too. Great service. They recommended the water pump at same time, not sure how long they last on these. If you wanted that at the same time they quoted me an extra £70 to supply and fit.
All genuine parts at DDC I presume? For £70 it's worth it!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

Did a fine job on mine. Fitted and timed my cams for me at no extra cost and still running sweet 2 years later!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Rs tuning in Leeds
Loads of positive feedback about these, but I doubt I'd go again. The biggest issue I had was that I'd arranged a day to work over at the Leeds depot while my car was having the auxiliary belt and 36k service done. I'd booked this weeks in advance - phoned and confirmed with them two days prior that I would be turning up on the said day. Dropped my car off and got a lift back to the works depot before receiving a call at 3pm saying that my service had been done - but the auxiliary belt kit hadn't. Asked why, they said the supplier didn't have one in stock and they hadn't pre-ordered one, just in case I didn't turn up! It's a auxiliary belt kit..... I'm pretty sure that they would have had another car to put that on within a week or two? Plus, it's hardly the most expensive part to have sat on the shelf.

Fast forward a couple of years and on a rolling road day, I was told that my cam-timing was well out and that I could get it redone there 'at a good price'. Erm, no thanks.

Probably very skilled individuals, but my personal experience of their customer services leaves a lot to be desired. Been to Birchdown every time since and never once looked back.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Loads of positive feedback about these, but I doubt I'd go again. The biggest issue I had was that I'd arranged a day to work over at the Leeds depot while my car was having the auxiliary belt and 36k service done. I'd booked this weeks in advance - phoned and confirmed with them two days prior that I would be turning up on the said day. Dropped my car off and got a lift back to the works depot before receiving a call at 3pm saying that my service had been done - but the auxiliary belt kit hadn't. Asked why, they said the supplier didn't have one in stock and they hadn't pre-ordered one, just in case I didn't turn up! It's a auxiliary belt kit..... I'm pretty sure that they would have had another car to put that on within a week or two? Plus, it's hardly the most expensive part to have sat on the shelf.

Fast forward a couple of years and on a rolling road day, I was told that my cam-timing was well out and that I could get it redone there 'at a good price'. Erm, no thanks.

Probably very skilled individuals, but my personal experience of their customer services leaves a lot to be desired. Been to Birchdown every time since and never once looked back.

So they did your timing, and then told you it was out? Laughable!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
With timing belt service prices getting more and more expensive I did consider replacing them for members at a reasonable price but if DDC are doing them for £440 thats almost the cost of parts and free labour,
is £440 plus vat or including?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm stuck between DDC and ricky now. Will give both a ring tomorrow and see when they can fit me in.

RS Tuning checked my timing said it was a absolutely spot on. Fred showed me how much it was out by which was quiet abit.

RS Murray are EXPENSIVE for no particular reason. Not had a great experience there either.

2 penneth.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
At RSMurray they stated that "£260" is labour alone, hence the high price and that there was no movement.
Seems everyone has bad experiences at different places! I'd go RSTuning, but feel the price wont be far off RSMurray for the belts doing. Might just bite the bullet and go DDC for belts, dephaser and water pump. If all genuine parts/ tools being used i'm happy.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
RS Murray and RS tuning are father and son IIRC, I think they mostly get sent to RS murray anyway
I think you're right mate! Probably would do a good job mind, but i doubt it'd be a better job as surely there's only '1' right way to do the belts/timing? Can't wait to get out with the car now!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Spoken to DDC, and been told its £440 for the timing belt/aux,+ £150 for dephaser + £42 for oil but i'd be able to supply my own oil.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
We were only £520 including VAT and the dephaser Louis... I appreciate it wasn't until the end of the month.

Just curious... was the price too high or was it turnaround that put us out?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So they did your timing, and then told you it was out? Laughable!
Not quite m8. I had my aux kit replaced at the 36k service interval by them and then went back a few years later on an RR day when the car was north of 60k and had already had its cambelt changed by then.

I also appreciate garages that seem 'interested' in you and your car. I don't mean smarmy and "what did you have for tea last night" kind of conversations. But just a bit of enthusiasm that they are interested in their work and will taking payment from you as a consequence. I never felt that at RS Tuning - more like I was doing nothing more interactive than ordering a burger from McDonalds. When you're spending several hundred £££ with someone - its nice to feel just a bit appreciated.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
This is exactly why I like to know where and why we don't win an enquiry as it's bread and butter work for us. If I am failing the customers I genuinely give o'f**k and whilst I appreciate we can't always fit a customers specific schedule or be the cheapest price out there, it is *entirely* about peoples cars for us and all business matters. This is why I'd just like to know what @Louis' thought to our service and where we may have gone wrong for him.

Our trader status here will be returned by the end of the week (Hint: @Typhoon)

Attachments

• IMG_3493.JPG
    IMG_3493.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 96