ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage to get my belts done in/near York?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I also appreciate garages that seem 'interested' in you and your car. I don't mean smarmy and "what did you have for tea last night" kind of conversations. When you're spending several hundred £££ with someone - its nice to feel just a bit appreciated.

This 100%

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is exactly why I like to know where and why we don't win an enquiry as it's bread and butter work for us. If I am failing the customers I genuinely give o'f**k and whilst I appreciate we can't always fit a customers specific schedule or be the cheapest price out there, it is *entirely* about peoples cars for us and all business matters. This is why I'd just like to know what @Louis' thought to our service and where we may have gone wrong for him.

Our trader status here will be returned by the end of the week (Hint: @Typhoon)
Hi Mick,
You honestly havn't gone wrong anywhere with me! I am just trying to get a scope on prices in general with the companies that are more local to me, with similarly good reputations when it comes to the work carried out. Your replies were the quickest I got and have left me with lots of confidence as you answered all my queries. I had contemplated DDC as they're local, had good reviews and @Barryr33 had stated they were the cheapest however it's clear that's not the case after personally contacting them.
It's quite difficult to make a decision when reviews are high all round especially when you don't know what differing prices people offer.

I'll send you an email now Mick and get my car booked in with you, as you do seem to be reasonably priced and have had lots of good rep aswell as it being quite reassuring you're on the forums actually giving a s**t.
Sorry if it came across as me writing you off!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@MicKPM Do you usually stamp the service book when the belts are done?

I ask as when I had mine done around this time last year I never checked but noticed a few weeks ago that it was never stamped.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
@MicKPM Do you usually stamp the service book when the belts are done?

I ask as when I had mine done around this time last year I never checked but noticed a few weeks ago that it was never stamped.
That's a good shout... remember to take my service book with me!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Should do, as there is a whole section for it.

Some have multiple sections... I don't miss the old books as I use ink pads at an alarming rate.

@MicKPM Do you usually stamp the service book when the belts are done? I ask as when I had mine done around this time last year I never checked but noticed a few weeks ago that it was never stamped.

I do yes BUT I don't like rooting thru peoples car for them and normally ask people to leave them and the locking wheel nut key somewhere visible. If you want to post it or even drop it in, i'll gladly stamp it for the work done on the dates we have against the jobs. Everything is logged in a database so we know exactly what was done ;)

Hi Mick,
You honestly havn't gone wrong anywhere with me! I am just trying to get a scope on prices in general with the companies that are more local to me, with similarly good reputations when it comes to the work carried out. Your replies were the quickest I got and have left me with lots of confidence as you answered all my queries. I had contemplated DDC as they're local, had good reviews and @Barryr33 had stated they were the cheapest however it's clear that's not the case after personally contacting them.
It's quite difficult to make a decision when reviews are high all round especially when you don't know what differing prices people offer.

I'll send you an email now Mick and get my car booked in with you, as you do seem to be reasonably priced and have had lots of good rep aswell as it being quite reassuring you're on the forums actually giving a s**t.
Sorry if it came across as me writing you off!

Sorry @Louis' I contacted them and asked for a full belt change and dephaser and that was the price they gave me, he was busy so all I can guess is they have misheard me. I haven't had mine done yet but will probably just go there after reading reviews on here and they are local to me.

A Few
Just purely for cost comparison, air con models, Timing Belt kit, cam end blank seals, aux belt full kit, dephaser pully, water pump, coolant, fitted for £594 inc vat at Engine Dynamics Essex. Genuine parts! And these guys are definitely interested in your car.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I do yes BUT I don't like rooting thru peoples car for them and normally ask people to leave them and the locking wheel nut key somewhere visible. If you want to post it or even drop it in, i'll gladly stamp it for the work done on the dates we have against the jobs. Everything is logged in a database so we know exactly what was done :wink:

I'm sure I left it with the locker on the seat, could be wrong though but it's no biggy.

I'll drop you a PM later and get something sorted. If @Louis' gets booked in, maybe he could take it down for me ;)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure I left it with the locker on the seat, could be wrong though but it's no biggy.

I'll drop you a PM later and get something sorted. If @Louis' gets booked in, maybe he could take it down for me :wink:
I'm booked in now for the 3rd mate. Happy to take the book for you if you drop me a message whenever you're free!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm booked in now for the 3rd mate. Happy to take the book for you if you drop me a message whenever you're free!

Nice one. You free on Saturday at all? @dann2707 is coming round to me to help with some bits on my car, more than welcome to pop round as well if you want/are about?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not I'm afraid! Going home tomorrow and I'm working on Saturday night too. You free Sunday?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'd be taking it to Mick 100% even if it may be a bit further to travel. It's that piece of mind things will be done correctly in my opinion.
Top guy