ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gear box oil question!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
hi all,

to save hyjacking rob's recent thread any thurther ,

does anyone know the recomended milage to change gear box oil on a dci 80 ( think its the same box as a widetrack 172 )

and also what type?

reason's for this, i have checked every bit of SH i have and knowhere states gearbox flush/fluid change, worring as the car is almost at 100k with a hard life from
the previous owner...

thanks

raz

Stealth 438'd 182
don't know if you got my comment on the other thread, I would change it anyway for peace of mind if it has done that milage with a hard life lol!

if you want to know the correct oil for it i would suggest www.opieoils.co.uk there is a search bit on there or contact ''oilman'' who works for opie oils on this forum.. brilliant service fast next day delivery and they know their stuff!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
don't know if you got my comment on the other thread, I would change it anyway for peace of mind if it has done that milage with a hard life lol!

if you want to know the correct oil for it i would suggest www.opieoils.co.uk there is a search bit on there or contact ''oilman'' who works for opie oils on this forum.. brilliant service fast next day delivery and they know their stuff!
yes lol just seen it on your thread, ah good shout thanks mate :)
75w-80 GL5 gear oil
swap mine out every 12months tbh
cheers will find that on oilmans website

100k? Whoa - get it done! :)

D.

yes indeed haha !. going to bud lol :) rather the gear box last than shat its internals out from old oil

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
There is no service interval for the gearbox oil, well on 1*2s anyway.