ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting grip... tyres, spacers, suspension?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
And he ^ knows best. That was him ben, but like Adam says there is another chap selling them.

I bought mine off ben few months back for 360 in 205/45/16's for reference

PH2 172
Right. What shall i flog to pay for new tyres... pedal box from the GOlf... No, maybe just massage the expense claim... doubtful... got it- car boot late April before Lydden :) and cancel the Jan weekend away and do Ramsgate instead

Happy days

At 49,there`s not much you can flog in the Queen`s Head.
I would have thought this thread would have been put to bed by now.
Good night.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
At 49,there`s not much you can flog in the Queen`s Head.
I would have thought this thread would have been put to bed by now.
Good night.
Ha- Queens Head...no. Plenty of others trade can be plied in.But wife wouldnt be too happy
Think the conservatory due later this year will have to be put off for a year, just something less for Putin to Nuke anyway
Get that Clio obn the track for summer :)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
The guy on FB is Ben Patey, I think there is somebody else too but can't name him sorry. If you go with the AD08R, you will have probably the best allrounder. There are better dry tyres and better wets but no better for a jack of all trades. The R1r has also been mentioned and at Castle Combe, the dry issues probably wouldn't be noticed. Get on a twisty track and they'd soon overheat.
No good at facebook myself, but found a photo of ADO8Rs with a Ben Patey at Bracknell (Cant see where they are being sold) but they are 16s anyway. After 15s me, but in no hurry. Late April will do unkless i can find a deal

Superninj

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup & E46 M3
My learning so far for the Clio.
T1r's are awful, side walls are really soft lots of roll over causing bad edge wear, crap grip and noisy.
Michelin PS3 good performance in wet weather or low temp and on road. (Current wet setup)
Rsr great performance for price, best of my above in dry and warmer conditions than PS3s. I drove back from a trackday in heavy ran with these and they were ok considering!

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Using my spare atm (sodding clout nails) and have replaced the original punctured tyre with Ad08- r.

So thats in the boot

When late April hits, will get 3 more, and put the full set on for summer. T1Rs can either go on my powder coated 2nd set of wheels, or sell.