ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glazes and Using Glazes PT1...

Golf GT & A4 Avant
it's entirely up to you. will you be aiming for 100% corection? if so then you won't benefit from the filling capabilities, but it may still add something to the finish.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Aiming and achieving are far different realities. Just checked my garage i own Ez crema and Prima Amigo!! Must have been a while since i ordered those!!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I think i didnt use them as i was scared about poor bonding of the sealant!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Both will bond fine to anything alsong as it isn't a nano sealant. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
rejuvenate does do a little filling but nothing compared to amigo I'd imagine. But doesn't amigo have a certain amount of cleaning ability any way? may be best to use one or the other

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I use both. The reason I say that is I don't use Amigo as a cleanser as it's not quite strong enough imo and prefer it's glazing ability.

It's all down to personal preference and whether the car has been detailed before. If it hasn't I wouldn't be using Amigo to clean the paint as it'll be proper dirty.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
if suing both, would you be better off using a dedicated cleaner like prime then instead of rejuvenate with amigo over? How strong is amigo at cleaning? is it likely to remove the oils put down by rejuvenate or other pre wax cleansers

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't really say mate, i've never really used it as a cleanser. It must be decent but rejuvenate/Prime have a bit of bite to them.

Yes I agree if using Amigo i'd rather use a pure cleanser like HD cleanse/Lusso/Prime etc. Rejuvenate is fine though it's a cleanser so it would cleanse the paint ready for a glaze.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be using Prime + Amigo in spring so I'll let you know Dave.
I'm yet to find a conclusive answer on DW.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate. Most glaze/filler products work better by machine.

Lowest speed ish and the right finishing pad mate. Will work well.

Surprised to see R222's mentioned actually. Rare product.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Used blackhole on a black S2000 on the weekend via DAS-6 Pro. Absolutely night and day difference from applying by hand (and a lot easier too).

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Going to be purchasing and applying Prima Amigo by hand as I don't have a machine .... yet.

What kind of applicator do I need? The yellow Megs ones be alright or is there a better alternative.

Posted this on DW but nobody's replied :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yellow apps are fine mate. Best by machine as usual but fantastic by hand. :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What MF ones do you recommend. Am I just blind cos I can't see any on CYC?

Last edited:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I had been up since very early yesterdau morning in my defence :eek:.

Cheers matey, going to order both foam and MF ones and see which I prefer.

Used blackhole on a black S2000 on the weekend via DAS-6 Pro. Absolutely night and day difference from applying by hand (and a lot easier too).

My shopping list is getting more expensive. Think I need DAS-6 in my life :(

Cheers for the above Gally! Very very useful and informative.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
More than welcome mate. I'll have more eventually.

This morning I've got through the cleansing guide, polishing via DA guide (on DW) and your glaze one lol! All superb.

If I go for a DAS-6 what polishes would you recommend starting with for a complete noob!? Looking for something to cover all bases and certainly no heavy correction to start with.

Also PDG.... Worthy investment?

I'm was thinking a DA, 1x cutting pad, 2x polishing pads, 2x finishing pads (in 4"/6") and then megs #83 and #80 as a starter set?

Thoughts on the megs range?

Cleanser I already have AF rejuvinate that goes on by a light cut lake country hand pad.
Glaze I have black hole and I'm now very tempted to invest in some amigo.

Really lacking in the polish department atm though....

Sorry for all the Q's, but probably not worth of a new thread.

182 Trophy
What's everyones opinion on a sealant Togo over prima amigo on my trophy? I'm looking at zaino z2 at the minute. Process will be strip the old lsp, clay, prima amigo then a sealant Any good?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Perfect. Get 2 layers of Z2 on mate. One of my favourite combos. :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Is it me being a t**t? wax before glaze?? Is that just pointless?

adynuha4.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Guy is a mong. I've no idea where he would even come up with that idea!