ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go Pro Issues - Help please [emoji853]

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Hi all, random forum to ask but I know there's loads of you on here who do trackdays / motorsport etc etc

I got bought a Go Pro Hero 4 for Christmas and first time taking it out on a trackday in March.
But from a few test runs when I have taken the car out with it I keep having issues when videoing.

Basically what happens is, I'll start recording no bother but normally about 10-30 seconds in to recording it will come up with SD error and corrupt the recording??? But the recording is still in memory etc just not viewable or transferable. Now I know it's not a dodgy fake memory card as I bought it from currys and it's a decent brand. Sandisk from memory.

I'm stumped with this as I'm no technology guru, thought I was doing well firing the thing up and recording but it's gunna annoy me if I get it rigged up for the day and can't get a decent non corrupt recording [emoji36]

Anyhow sorry for rabbiting.
Please help (any advice appreciated)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried formatting the card? Also try and fill the card with files from your computer. This could rule out the sd card at fault

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Tried formatting the card? Also try and fill the card with files from your computer. This could rule out the sd card at fault

Sorry how would I format it?

And I don't really use a computer but I'll take a load of pics and see if they're all fine when transferred into my phone

You can format on the gopro in the settings menu (look for the bin icon) or on a computer (my computer, look for the sdcard, right click the icon and press format)

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
You can format on the gopro in the settings menu (look for the bin icon) or on a computer (my computer, look for the sdcard, right click the icon and press format)

Cheers mate I'll give that a go first.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Is the SD card right for the GoPro?

They are very specific about the spec and make.

When I first got my Session I bought a quality branded card for it...but it kept randomly freezing mid recording and would get really hot to the touch.

A search on GoPro's website showed a list of specific cards they say you can run in it...so I bought one of those, and it's been running without fault ever since.

Have a search, I think that's your problem.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Is the SD card right for the GoPro?

They are very specific about the spec and make.

When I first got my Session I bought a quality branded card for it...but it kept randomly freezing mid recording and would get really hot to the touch.

A search on GoPro's website showed a list of specific cards they say you can run in it...so I bought one of those, and it's been running without fault ever since.

Have a search, I think that's your problem.

Tbh it does seem to get hot I'll check the site now, thanks

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
86313a5fc8c95cad826ff6ee8275d83c.jpg

89c89775ed306d3bfcacd61e26768216.jpg

bab908d31dbe7b9187348c0638faf032.jpg

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Just formatted the card like you said and I've taken 4 pics and a video for nearly 3 mins on 1080p

Two of the pics worked
Two aren't showing anything on app
Video plays back fine

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

I'm stumped.

182 T
Try a different card mate. Or format it in a computer. If thats not good- Sometimes memory cards are 'bad' out the box. Just take it back and play 'its broken' ignorant and get a replacement.
Go pro will also tell you make sure the firmware is up to date on the camera so plug the camera into a pc and follow their guide.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely format it on the PC and also plug your GoPro on to check for updates.

Mine won't take 64gb cards but it's the older basic model.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
I'll have to fire my old laptop up after work then, I've just tried formatting the card through the phone app and it came up with failed.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Is there any chance the SD card could be non genuine?

Just looked on another eBay listing and the part numbers are completely different for the same card?

14a9e559cd2ffc8eb542cc0544ee9c53.jpg

4d7a24ce3f001c8cf2dd2fd0ad0fb36b.jpg

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
The same card is £35.99 at currys so might just go buy a new card tbh from a proper shop rather than eBay, but since reformatting just with the camera it's working fine videoing today. Bloody thing