ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go-Pro Mounting

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Slightly off topic but figured be a good place to ask with a lot of you lot using them on track, not yet fitted a cage in my 172 but want to get some good footage from trackdays,

Where are you lot mounting them in the cars without using a cage ? I know Javelin are dicky with them being in the front of the car so was wondering where to mount?

And what cheap (but good) mounts would you recommend using, can't get any decent enough angles with the supplied go-pro adhesive ones.

Cheers in advance [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 182
Front of the car is fine as long as its mechanically mounted.
Best place is on the towing eve with the bike clamp.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Standard sucker next to the rearview mirror and a little strap. This can be done with cable ties. I have used it with Javelin and MSV no issues. The footage is upside down but the software corrects this once uploaded.
IMG_9442.JPG

I have also used the two screw mounting point above the clock. This gives you some perspective as you see the wipers/dash

I prefer the mirror option as you can see further up the road!

Mk1 Focus RS
Stick attached to the passenger head rest upright bars then like a handle bar mount get good views, cable tie or jubilee clip, and some people I've seen pull down the inside light and hang it from there