ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

going to attempt fitting all this tomorrow eve....

clio 182
so ive spent a whole total of £368.14 on the following:

cambelt kit
aux belt kit
dephaser pulley
and the genuine cam locking tool (with adaptor for 182)

also got to fit:

front brembo hc discs
front ferodo ds2500 pads
rear discs and pads....

IMG_0919.jpg

got to start this at 5:30 after work tomorrow...gonna be a long evening

clio 182
thank you :D im a mechanic so should all go swimingly, also the locking tool will be for sale after tomorrow ;) boss doesnt want to buy it off me

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I always thought it was advisable to change the water pump at the same time as the belts ? From what i read anyway .

clio 182
water pump is on the aux belt not the cambelt and very rare to go on the 182.

yea my garage has the horse shoe and tdc pin but didnt have the cam locking tool so i needed to buy that for it, still cheaper than getting ktech to do it for 600 inc dephaser pulley.

might even keep the tool and offer to do cambelts on the sport engines ;)

Up to you but its common practice to change the cam seals behind the dephaser and exhaust pulley. comes as a kit with seals, dephaser and exhaust pulley bolts.

Don't forget you should change the crankshaft pulley bolt.

keep us posted how you get on

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
As above, are those trade prices? I need to do the exact same job on mine so would be interested to see if the bits would be available to anyone willing to have a stab at blagging 'traders' rights... ;)

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Out of interest, how much would you want for the pulley tool if you do part with it? Pm me if you'd prefer... ;)

clio 182
Hi guys so was at te garage till 10 last night fitting all those bits. Yes those are trade prices by the way. Went well with the tool very easy to do actually.

clio 182
3 1/2 hours but I'm a fully trained mechanic so knew what I was doing really and had a ramp and all the proper tools to hand. Hardest bit was getting off the lower cambelt cover..and putting it back on.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
i need to do mine did you have the proper renault horse shoe or did u use a non gen one?

PB Clio 172
3 1/2 hours but I'm a fully trained mechanic so knew what I was doing really and had a ramp and all the proper tools to hand. Hardest bit was getting off the lower cambelt cover..and putting it back on.

3.5 hours thats good.

annoys me when garages take 8 hours and charge us the labour for it !

Black Gold Trophy
Actually changing the belts doesnt take that much time, it's all of the crap you have to take out of the way to do it.
The lower timing cover is truly a t**t, I've spent up to half an hour just trying to get the thing back on in the past!