ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gonna be an expensive month :(

clio 182
so im due a cambelt change and a full service, thinking bout leaving the dephaser as its not noisey :p

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My cam belt's due this year, i'll be getting a full cam, aux belt & dephaser replacement,
if i'm spending money might as well go all in and get the lot done, i'd hate to spend money on a cam belt service
and have something else go wrong that I could have had done at the same time.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'll take your Cambelt and full service and raise you....

I have a dual mass flywheeel, clutch and full cambelt kit on my wifes Vectra. This is on top of the alternator I did a few weeks back.

Just under a grand. (About £988!)

clio 182
might get the pulley done aswell then :( gonna get ktech to do it as there only 30 mins from me.

also what engine oil shall i use as i will be doing the service at home?

cheers

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
5W-40 fully synthetic, check out the traders sections for a decent deal.

Last time mine was changed I used this stuff.

PROS_5W40_5LT.jpg

Seat Ibiza
so im due a cambelt change and a full service, thinking bout leaving the dephaser as its not noisey :p

Ok so before March 23rd - MOT Due date - Cambelt and clutch - as just gone 65,000, and oil leak, and a service!

clio 182
im a full time mechanic have been for 4 years and done sooo many cambelts, but really not sure with these depahser pulleys, only ever done one on a megane 1.6 and it went fine, but we dont have the front locking tool for the engine so might just send it to ktech :S or could have a go and save myself 250 big ones....ooooh i dont know what to do.

clio 182
we've got the horse shoe and crank pins but not the cam holding tools, the front tool is only to hold the cams whislt undoing/tightening up the cams right? if so surely can be dont with out ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
we've got the horse shoe and crank pins but not the cam holding tools, the front tool is only to hold the cams whislt undoing/tightening up the cams right? if so surely can be dont with out ;)

Wrong. Needed for tightening belt also

clio 182
but surely if new belt is fitted and cam sprockets are tourqed correctly and the crank pin and horseshoe fits in easily its timed up correctly? doesnt matter where the pulleys face cause there free wheeling right? as long as the horse shoe and crank are inserted easily its ok?

tell me if im wrong but just wondering?

Golf GTD Mk7
I don't know enough about it mate, lots of threads on it though, I just know you must us that tool.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
can be done without the front tool! In an emergency situation a set of grips held by a second person while torqueing up the depahser bolt will suffice. As long as it times up after! No problems! as long as there is tension between the top two pulleys any slack is taken out by the floating pulley on the crank :D

do at your own risk, only ever done on my own vehicle or vehicles that i've owned.

clio 182
good good may give it a go with out the tool lolif it doesnt work i will be walking home lol

also car is a 2005 182 with 52k on the clock too early for change?