ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good drives around Windermere??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm up in the lakes this weekend for a family thing but fancy doing a few epic routes through there for some fun, anyone got any hints? Think I'm going to take the V6 over the M3, mainly for the noise and it looks better in pictures!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
As above ^

Il keep an eye out for you over the weekend [emoji106]

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Whilst I agree with Hardknott pass, you will ground out in quite a few places in the V, especially on the apex / turn of some of the hairpins......so I wouldn't be taking them at high speed ;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Whilst I agree with Hardknott pass, you will ground out in quite a few places in the V, especially on the apex / turn of some of the hairpins......so I wouldn't be taking them at high speed ;)

Thanks, won't know then roads so won't be setting any records, just a good excuse to get away from the family and have some chill time to be honest.

As above ^

Il keep an eye out for you over the weekend [emoji106]

Are you local to there then dude?

Kirkstone pass
Rynose/hardnott passes

They would be my my reccomendations :)

Thanks mate, do you have any postcodes I can aim for?!?!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
There is a pub on kirkstone pass that is LA22 9LQ.

It may try and take you up the struggle which is rather steep that may be an issue for the vee too thinking about it so you may be better off coming in the other way, I can't remember the road name off the top of my head.

I can't find a postcode for hardknott pass after a quick google but THIS may help you a bit?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
@ColinG fancy some pics tomorrow mate if you're around? I'll be near Carlisle until about lunch...

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Kirkstone is awesome. I love it up there! Shame I only had an afternoon to explore!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
The Struggle from Ambleside to top of the Kirkstone pass is good as we'll then carry on down it and follow up to J40 M6 and cross over and pick up the A686 Hartside Pass and go as far as Hexham then along the A69 to Corbridge turn off which is the A68. Turn left up the hill and follow signs for Chollerford. When you get to Chollerford go over the narrow bridge and stop for a bite to eat at the George Hotel. Then pick up the military road along Hadrians Wall all the way to Greenhead and rejoin the A69 towards Carlisle. Go through to Carlisle and turn left past the racecourse and follow that road to the end near Hutton in the Forest. Turn left and take that road back to J41 M6 and go south to J40 and back into the Lakes and Keswick. Its a lovely drive but will take a good three to four hours depending on traffic