ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GOODWOOD 5th OCTOBER – HOT HATCH SUNDAY - Breakfast Club

BG182ff,explod Focus
Just got an email, track parking confirmed! Anyone else?

Yep, me too :)

Is there anyone near Birmingham going for convoy purposes? Might sign up if there's still space

I'm driving down from Stoke but the email from Goodwood said to be there by 8am which would mean setting off around 4am so I'm going to try to get a hotel room for the Saturday night.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I just got my site access pass through, I'll be getting there around 8 heading from Brighton. Anyone else coming that way? I think it's going to be a busy one if the weather is OK.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I would love to make this, but I am out racing on Sunday. I haven't been for a few years.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
I'm heading to this too aswell, got track parking as well I'll be in my Megane.

Clio 182 FF Cup
I'm surprised they didn't ask me to park on the road mines in such bad condition....lucky they didn't ask for photo evidence!

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
You're photos look really good mate, it was a decent morning, mine was parked up in the paddock under one of the shelters, had a couple of EP3's parked near mine, and one behind me on the way in to Goodwood.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks !
Yeah it was a decent morning, turn out was quite low and tbh I was expecting a little more from the 80/90s road going rally cars but hey, it's a free motoring-based morning.
Pretty sure that's @Fletcher in my pic?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
@Fletcher another pic of yours i did spot @Pete.
im not sure who this belongs to but its a nice original cup which gets my approval :cool:
IMGA0146_zps78bbf7b7.gif
Hey that's mine. I thought it was a pretty good turn out Clio wise, I looked out for other owners to chat to but none seemed to be near their cars. I was quite pleased about not being in the proper display paddock as I've only had the car a few weeks and haven't got round to getting the wheels refurbed, the dents in the bonnet sorted or the other bumper scuffs seen to.

It is all original apart from a stainless steel silencer (the PO got fed up with replacing the OE one) and has only done 65k miles, it had one owner for the last 10 years who kept it garaged. I intend to keep it that way but might get new seats as the Cup ones make my back hurt.

So far I've got new 172 Cup car mats including a boot mat, ripped out the sub/amp and 3 miles of heavy duty cabling, replaced the gearknob transfer, refurbed the headlights and my steering wheel is being retrimmed by Andy (snappy) now, should get it back this week. Oh, and of course put the cliosport sticker in the rear windscreen (that was by far the hardest job so far). This is a very useful website!