ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got caster yo

PB172,dci100,dci65
Fitted today....rubbing like hell (koni sports, eibach pro lines). Also front sits very low. Still on non cup wishbones. Also negative camber happened, due to beeing so low i think.
I wrote to eibach to confirm what are the spring for that i have. Must be something wrong on it. I will see what will be reply, i might try the konis with oem springs. Any comments welcome:)

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 70
  Cup In bits
You will get rubbing when going any lower than standard, as said it will only be the small bulge that covers the bumper bracket. So..... not the end of the world.

Them wheels aren't cup turinis as I'm sure you know but they are very high offset from the looks of it. Also, doesn't Koni shocks have slotted holes to adjust camber up front? And have you checked the tyre isn't rubbing the shock absorbers on the front and rear and the rear inner arch.

PB172,dci100,dci65
Thanks for the input. These are winter wheels, turinis will be for summer.

Yes, the front wheels look very inside, what is strange. rear wheels are, fine, dont want them more out. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAABbo/qEt56vqUgFk/w1598-h899-no/DSC_0017.JPG

I did not notice slotted holes so i guess there arent any. I should have measured the holes distance from damper and compare with oem shocks, did not think about it, my fault.
I am going to take it apart again, check if the tires did not rub on the shocks. I was focusing on rubbing on plastics.

I am a bit upset about it, i hope to get an answer from eibach.

Cup In bits
At a guess I would say that is circa 3 deg negative camber up front which shortened shocks with standard drillings and non slotted holes won't give you, neither will lowering it with a macpherson strut arrangement give you that camber.

The back does look fine, anymore and you would run into rubbing issues by the looks of it.

Talking of shock rubbing etc I have seen those wheels done loads on 1*2's with no problems but I'm unsure if they have run them with spacers.

PB172,dci100,dci65
Took it apart yesterday. The distance (measured from bolt hole to damper) difference between the bolt holes is around 5.5mm on the koni sports.
On my old dampers it is 3.3mm, so i guess the item i bought was meant to be on a non sport clio, where the camber might be ok, due to a more narrow front.