ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ground Zero

A slow one :-(

Lookin at kitting my clio will a full Ground Zero system, ive heard a few cars running the stuff and im very impressed! Anyone else got any opinions on them?

Ive got a Ground Zero amp, its sweet. Loud (under-rated like top end stuff), and sounds very nice. Lotsa features too. Russ (evilice) sells the whole range, hell get you good prices on it.

Yeah theres alot of cars in Newcastle running the stuff and from what i have heard im very impressed with the stuff! But i havent heard any of the other big names like Crystal, JL, DD etc. Im going to look at getting my tunes from my local ICE dealer as ive always bought my stuff from him but im not sure if he will be able to match Evil Ices prices!

Im thinking off running the ground zero gzub 3000 12" Bandpass Bassreflex off a digital amp (not sure what yet budget of around 400 quid). Then up front run some sort of component set up, thinkin 250 quid for them off my Alpine v12 amp whichg is a 2ch 50 rms but Id like the comps to take more so i can upgrade the amp at a later date if it needs it!

i would use RE and crystal over GZ any day of the week.

i have a crystal sub and i am very pleased with it, not going to change it for a while yet!

also, Am, the guy who runs blade ice is a top bloke, go to http://www.caraudiodirect.comwww.caraudiodirect.com they are the only authorised online dealer for crystal and RE.

Ad

Yeah im a member on talkaudio but nay one replied to my post when i asked about it a month back or so! I want to listen to a few systems before i make my mind up but I dont think there any cars in newcastle using crystal or RE

There are a few cars that compete in iasca and idbl , if u went 2 one of there events im sure u could listen to them. U should listen to AMs van, it sounds awesome!

Hmm is there a list of events any where?

Im wanting to go for mainly SPL. I can tell the difference between a pair of 50 quid speakers and 100 quid speakers but not between some 100 quid speakers and some 250 quid speakers so SQ is a bit pointless for me.

There is a list of events at (http://www.iascauk.comwww.iascauk.com). if ur goin for spl i can highly recomend RE, ive helped in the buildin off cars using there gear . Ams van (3 xxx 15s)161db, Loudboys volvo (2 xxx 18s)162db , a nova with (8 hc12s)156db and a R5 with a pair off 12s 147db. had no probs with any off there gear and the service is 2nd to none

Ams corsa van is the loudest thing i have ever heard, it also actually sounds very good for its volume, its a kind of SQ and SPL van all mixed into one!

i couldnt breathe when sitting in it, but i could actually make out all the bass notes when playing music which is quite unusual in spl monsters!

Cheers for the help Neil, I dont mind looking at new products (currently looking at crystal on CAD) but half my problem is that i want to get someone else to put the stuff in for me so finding a delaer in newcastle might be a bit difficult! So will probs end up with a GZ install but that stuff looks wicked!

I know putting ICE in is a peice of piss as Ive put my current set up in but when spending this sort of money I want some one with a bit more knowledge and expertise to put it in, plus they will get the best out of the system.

if you were in the south east i would install it for you for a small fee, oh well, never mind, but dont rule out crystal and RE gear.

Ad

Any good installer would fit what u supply, Ive heard 1 GZ car, White vectra with 2 15s , sounds good but i seem 2 remember there gear is on the pricey side, theres a show in sheffield thats not 2 far away, if u see ams van (never mind hear it) ull be very imressed with it.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Ive a Ground Zero GZHA2350x amplifier powering my Kicker L7 12 and there some thump out of it. Plenty of power and lots in reserve too think its around 900watts RMS

The white vectra, Think i know the car he hit 150 dbs at donny this year, its one f**kin loud car. Hes got a JVC HU and i can use my JVC remote to play with his stereo, he shat himself when we first did it! Hes a nice fella like, likes his BASS!