ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adam's 172 Turbo Build

Been busy with this, 2 new track rod ends, new ball joint and she went straight through a MOT so is now on the road.
IMG_2998.jpg

Changed gearbox oil, this is the right stuff?
IMG_2999.jpg

Done my first track day at Snetterton last week, very wet track so not ideal for a novice but everything went well.
IMG_3001.jpg

Got fed up of having no cup holder so now have this bad boy
IMG_2997.jpg

Decided to have a go at wrapping the roof black and making a sun strip, with the help of friends it didn't come out to bad
IMG_3004.jpg

Then the decal
IMG_3005.jpg

Raised the bonnet up, was undecided so put it back to normal. Opinions on to raise it or not?
IMG_7119.jpg

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Dont raise it looks loke either youve crashed it or your just a ricer.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Replaced both front and rear pads with Carbone Lorraine RC5+ the difference is amazing!
IMG_3021.jpg

Mounted ECU flat and fitted new lithium battery. Barry weighs under 1kg 😊

IMG_7251.jpg

IMG_7275.jpg

Next is induction kit and air feed headlight.

New induction setup. Not quite finished yet, the filter will sit a little further forward when the rest of the parts arrive. Going to paint the light over the weekend to.

IMG_7298.jpg

IMG_7306.jpg

IMG_7316.jpg

changed the brake fluid for Motul 660. Managed to pick up a new whiteline anti roll bar Sunday afternoon, quickly fitted it Sunday night ready for my 2nd track day last night, also installed some RS Tuner software :cool:

IMG_7321.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

Track day was going really well .... until I lost all drive 🙈 managed to freewheel into the pits where I was towed home. Hopefully it's just the circlip on the diff that's popped out which I'll replace with a Renfort plate.

IMG_7353.jpg

Fitted K-Tec solid top mounts and PMS strut brace tonight.

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

I have a Renfort plate that is hopefully going to fix my gearbox issue, hopefully get it fitted soon so I can get back out on track.

Gearbox fixed! The shim had snapped and popped the circlip out.
IMG_7426.jpg

Fixed with a Renfort plate
IMG_7428.jpg

Replaced my gear shifter
IMG_7447.jpg

New helmet box, this things really handy for a track car
IMG_7448.jpg

New dry track wheels
IMG_7462.jpg

Picked up another cheaply set for wets, quick prep and paint, just waiting for new badges.
IMG_7468.jpg

Parts finally turned up to fit my induction kit properly.
IMG_7464.jpg

I plan to fit plastic windows with sliders soon and was a bit worried about security so fitted a quick release steering wheel.
IMG_7472.jpg

Fitted Evol race dog bone mount, awesome bit of kit but you wouldn't want one on a road car
IMG_7445.jpg

Ended up selling my Cup suspension setup and buying a new set of Gaz Golds that @Mash supplied me. Decided to go for 650 front and 500 rear springs,
IMG_7671.jpg

Next up some Pure Motorsport top mounts.
IMG_7687.jpg

Changed to a stud and nut conversion with some 16mm front spacers, tidied up the calipers with some high temp paint.Excuse the rust on discs it's been sitting 3 weeks
IMG_7689.jpg

Fitted the coilovers, sits like this at the moment but will probably raise the rear up a bit.
IMG_3356.jpg

Going to remove all the arch liners so cut some holes in rear bumper to let the air out
IMG_7698.jpg

Modified the shifter.
IMG_7675.jpg

New heel and toe pedal
IMG_7729.jpg

Messed about fitting some canards
IMG_7711.jpg

Next I think I'll make a front splitter and have a go at a roof vent, might have a go at some plastic windows to.

Been working on a roof vent, took a while but got there in the front end. Makes a massive difference.

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_7822.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7837.jpg

IMG_7840.jpg

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_7895.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Looks smart does that, is it one of the universal eBay ones? If so what vents have you used

Clio 172 (CUP)
Looking good, some nice purposeful mods happening, especially those gaz golds :wink:
Can I ask, are those tailgate pins lockable and could you share a link from where you sourced them, they're more subtle than the aerocatches?

Looking good, some nice purposeful mods happening, especially those gaz golds :wink:
Can I ask, are those tailgate pins lockable and could you share a link from where you sourced them, they're more subtle than the aerocatches?

They are lockable, took a bit of modification to get them in.

These are the ones I bought
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...878857&hash=item1a0b3c19a2:g:jboAAOSw1S9We5DY

If you want them quicker these ones are in the UK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AROSPEED-...980202?hash=item3f821e8e2a:g:E3oAAOSwX3NZbN9J

Done a few laps at Snetterton last night, spent most the time adjusting new coilovers, not really a great lap but faster then this M3, surprised it didn't pull away on the straight.

http://sendvid.com/p8d9fj7w

^^ video, have no idea how to post it up 🙈

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Will have to meet up at Snet at some point, good to go round with another Clio, I would fit quite well in with the hairless racing banner as well lol xD

Will have to meet up at Snet at some point, good to go round with another Clio, I would fit quite well in with the hairless racing banner as well lol xD

Yeah buddy! You bought Martins springs recently? He was going really well yesterday :cool:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah buddy! You bought Martins springs recently? He was going really well yesterday :cool:

Yeh got those going on shortly and a few other bits getting done, ill be getting a day booked next month most likely, I don't pass the db limit for evenings as it stands :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Might be going Snet Wed 27th if my cars done if any of you guys are around, might well be the last of the year for me! I won't be booking until last minute but I would imagine there will be places.

2118's and 888Rs to be fitted in the winter break :)

I'm not sure I can make that @Greeny. would have been good to meet up but can't justify 3 track days this month unfortunately.

In other news ...

Changed my roof decals, EMS is my mates garage Elite Motor Services, all our clios are prepared there.
IMG_7916.jpg

Tried my wets on, can't put the centres on due to stud conversion.
IMG_3485.jpg

We picked up a 4 wheel laser aligner to, should save a few quid between us
IMG_3486.jpg

Next job is polycarbonate windows

Good work mate...came along alot in a short time..

Are you going to do any power mods?

Hi mate. I think I'll have to at some point, the yellow one is now about 370hp and 440lbft, the lad that helped get your wheel off now has everything bar management for his turbo conversion, rob now has a phase1 with a 225 megane engine to put in so im getting a bit left behind 🙈😂

Hi mate. I think I'll have to at some point, the yellow one is now about 370hp and 440lbft, the lad that helped get your wheel off now has everything bar management for his turbo conversion, rob now has a phase1 with a 225 megane engine to put in so im getting a bit left behind 🙈😂
Damm that yellow 182 must fly..any track videos of it..

I guess your going down the turbo route also at some point then....

Damm that yellow 182 must fly..any track videos of it..

I guess your going down the turbo route also at some point then....

Gods honest truth it was as fast as the GT3 RS down the back straight, they sat side by side! Not as fast round the bends tho.

I'm not sure mate, baby due in few weeks, still have my other cars that I need to sell. We will see ....

So ... knocked myself up some polycarbonate windows, there all in now.

IMG_7991.jpg

IMG_8016.jpg

IMG_8019.jpg

Got a CM Composites rear cup spoiler, painted and fitted that along with some led brake lights, only weighs 1kg
IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

Removed some unused brackets from the rear, sealed and painted.

IMG_3505.jpg

Lightened the doors, removed regulators, inner frame etc.

IMG_7990.jpg

IMG_7989.jpg

IMG_7588.jpg

Fitted EPS and pure motorsport power steering delete kit. removed the little bit of dash I did have including the brace bar.

Got a rebuilt gearbox with a Quaife diff fitted, new valeo clutch kit
IMG_8078.jpg

IMG_8084.jpg

IMG_8083.jpg

IMG_8085.jpg

New CV gaitors
IMG_8081.jpg

I've also removed the passengers seat and the runner from the drivers seat to save a few more kg, hopefully get it weighed in next few days reckon it should be around 900kg now.

I've also ordered something cool to make it faster :grin:

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
How much for a set of rear windows with a border? Looks great!