ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords Torque Wrench

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
105nm iirc.

One click then stop. Unload after use.

I've not used one but people seem to rate Halfords tools in general.

If you know anyone who works in a garage see if they can get the calibration guy to check it for you?

clio 182
knuckles said 105nm
and bash 85ft lbs is roughly 115nm

I had it in my head before that 110nm all round will be ok I just wanted to check.

I've spent 10 years going by the phrase (f**king tight) and never had wheel bolt/nut problems before haha

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
knuckles said 105nm
and bash 85ft lbs is roughly 115nm

I had it in my head before that 110nm all round will be ok I just wanted to check.

I've spent 10 years going by the phrase (f**king tight) and never had wheel bolt/nut problems before haha
Have a quick look through the guides section on here mate. You'll come across a thread with torque settings for pretty much every bolt on the Clio :up:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Great torque wrenches. I have the bigger one and its great. Keep the tube it comes in for storage.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Costco offered to do mine before when they said about retorquing after 50 miles. But I didn't have it with me and constantly only remember once I'm already there.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Great wrench, I've had mine years and not lost a wheel. Definitely keep the tube..you can store different sockets in it too :up:

dan's cast offs.
Where do you send these off for calibration?

Speak to your local trading standards, if they can't do it for you (weights and measures if they're still called that) they will put you in touch with someone who can.

I know kinda changing subject ive got a sykes pickavant one cost £150 and watched then calibrate it every time and been perfect. For the past 4 years it has never missed a beat

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd quite like to have mine calibrated. I might see if I can sneak it in at work. I don't know how it'll go down as it'll be the only one on file. I might tell quality it's a micrometer or something

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Great wrench and as said, tube is great for storage. Fit the wheel socket, breaker bar and the torque wrench inside it. Perfect combo to have. Well, before I got an 18v impact gun 😂

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
What's the best all rounder to buy? They are only listing the 8-60nm currently but I'm sure they did more with different ranges. What's the best all rounder to get for the torques you'd come across on a Clio?