ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone got a proven mat cleaning method

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Title says it all really but over the years I've tried all the usual upholstery and carpet cleaners, hanging the mat on the fence and hitting it with the pressure washer. I've thought about putting them in a hot bath but not sure what Mrs A may say.

The Renaultsport mats are too expensive to be swapping regularly so I'd like to find a way of deep cleaning and bringing pile back up, especially on drivers mat

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Steam cleaners are good, used them before on my mats. Then go over them with a nice bristly attachment on Henry which brings up the pile again.

Not a 320d
I used to place them on a concrete floor, douse them with an all purpose cleaner, scrub the s**t out of them then pressure wash (with caution) the solution and dirt out of them. Then wet Vac, then spray with fabric freshener and leave to dry in the sun.

Now i just buy new mats.

Reactions: JD

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
same as above, tried all sorts and now just change them every couple of years instead, started using the cheaper 20 quid none sport ones in the 1*2's as well, quality is basically the same and look nearly as good

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I did the mats on my beemer at the weekend. Placed mats on ground and used a Karcher vac with a brush attachment.

They came up a treat.