ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Rebuild

Hello All,

So it looks like I may have an issue with one of the valves on my 182 track car, my mechanic (who also has a 182 track car) seems to think one of the cylinders is losing compression. When cranking the car over with the coil pack unplugged you can hear one of the cylinders making a different tone of noise. The car seems to be running really rich when I moved it out of the garage this morning, possibly an exhaust valve that has chipped??

So - he will removed the head, get it skimmed etc & I need to supply the valves, I'll also look to change the cams for some 197 ones, if anyone has any for sale then please message me!

Question - do I need to replace anything else i.e. valve guides? do I need upgraded valve springs with the 197 cams or do I just use the old ones?

I'm looking at the Wossner uprated valve set (both inlet & exhaust) - are there any other makes that I should look at?

Cheers,

Pete

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
These engines are well know for dropping valves.

I'm not saying yours has, but maybe hold fire buying anything till you've got the head off and have a clear idea what is wrong.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I assume he’s done a leak down test to confirm the valves the likley issue?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm going through the same thing, I've got 130psi on three cylinders and 90 on the forth, safe to say I'll probably need a full head rebuild.