ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight correction without a PC Polisher?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
My headlights are in a shocking state, nearly 8 years and 113k have taken it's toll on them :dapprove:

Can it be done by hand..

Or should i just wait until i get a PC polisher?

Cheers Fletch.

120d M Sport
You could use Meguairs Plast-X but definetely best to wait til you've got a PC as it can break down the polish properly

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Fletch you dont need a PC at all. Get some 1200 wet and dry, blast it with that... Then get some 1500 wet and dry, blast it with that... Then get some abrahsive polish (3m stuff/scratch X) then feel the burn ;) Cos your gonna need to rub it like a mo fo.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Fletch you dont need a PC at all. Get some 1200 wet and dry, blast it with that... Then get some 1500 wet and dry, blast it with that... Then get some abrahsive polish (3m stuff/scratch X) then feel the burn ;) Cos your gonna need to rub it like a mo fo.

Good stuff. I don't mind a bit of hard work ;)

Thanks Luke :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
No worries Fletch,

If it doesn't do it as good as you hoped im sure there is someone local to you on DW who will give them a blast over.

Bumder With A Buffer
Do what luke said about wet and dry and try t-cut ;)

it does have it's uses! :eek:. (bought mine up a bit using that sequence!)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Do what luke said about wet and dry and try t-cut ;)

it does have it's uses! :eek:. (bought mine up a bit using that sequence!)

Popped over to halfords, so now have various grades of wet and dry, and some scratch, i do have some T-cut lying around too.

Just no Clio, to detail..lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Popped over to halfords, so now have various grades of wet and dry, and some scratch, i do have some T-cut lying around too.

Just no Clio, to detail..lol

Do Halfords even sell high grade sandpaper?

Last time i tried they only had 800 grit

I went down to 1500 grit by hand, Had to resort to Autosol to try a get the shine back (didnt think i was going to) but about an hour 15 mins with autosol then the rest with Scratch X and SRP.

Came back ok, But only since using my rotary and polishes have i got a good finish to them, And they still need a little bit of work.

330i. E30 Touring.
Where in Hampshire are you Fletch?

If you're ever near Chertsey, you're more than welcome to use my rotary..

clio sport rs 200
My headlights are in a shocking state, nearly 8 years and 113k have taken it's toll on them :dapprove:

Can it be done by hand..

Or should i just wait until i get a PC polisher?

Cheers Fletch.

well there is a meguirs kit that is meant for this think called headlight kit or something along those words , u get a attachment for a drill and plastic x there is a you tube video and end results are awsum

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
u will struggle like fook tbh, i spent an hour on 2 headlights with my pc and 120 grit wet and dry.

172 Cup
I was going to try this by hand using the method mentioned with 1200grit & 1500 grit. But it's going to far easier using my mates PC.

If you do get it sorted by hand will be interested to see the results.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks for the link

u will struggle like fook tbh, i spent an hour on 2 headlights with my pc and 120 grit wet and dry.

Yep, hard work :(

I was going to try this by hand using the method mentioned with 1200grit & 1500 grit. But it's going to far easier using my mates PC.

If you do get it sorted by hand will be interested to see the results.

I'll get some before and after pics up.

If you do a good job I'll let you do mine ;)

I'm not cheap ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Even a machine polish won't recitfy it fella. It'll bring some clarify to the platic, but it'll be pitted...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Before..

4034922646_1d8c8db117.jpg

4034923508_ac38c93888_o.jpg

4034170167_89d71002f3.jpg

After..

4034171747_459cf145e4_o.jpg

4034926078_d7836e4381.jpg

:)