ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headrest DVD player

535d / t5 caravelle
Where off to Cornwall in a few weeks so we are going to buy some DVD headrests, like linked below. Hoping someone can answer my question for me.

We have 3 kids so Will it be possible to link 3 headphones to the 2 DVD players? So we can keep them all quiet at the same time,
( sorry entertain all 3 at the same time )

The headphones are infra red, or could we use a wired one also?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JKGHV5M/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Cheers

Clio 172 (CUP)
I think that's the set I bought about 7 years ago for the same reason. It still does a good job tbf, and I'd expect there is updated software on these now with improved features/quality. I can try and dig out the eBay seller/website I got them from because they were cheaper than that even back then. Pretty sure you can link the extra headphone in as it's a one way infra red link with two channels to pick from (a/b). There are no wired headphone outputs on mine.

For what's it's worth, the ones you linked to are very old spec and pretty much the same as mine (note: a max of 4GB SD card storage!). If was to do it again, I'd look at a more modern spec or alternatively cheap mounted android tablets that are SD memory expandable with downloaded or ripped films on them (these would be cheaper again)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Find some with a wired 3.5mm headphone jack and then just use a 99p splitter???

rt-77_4.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
I think that's the set I bought about 7 years ago for the same reason. It still does a good job tbf, and I'd expect there is updated software on these now with improved features/quality. I can try and dig out the eBay seller/website I got them from because they were cheaper than that even back then. Pretty sure you can link the extra headphone in as it's a one way infra red link with two channels to pick from (a/b). There are no wired headphone outputs on mine.

For what's it's worth, the ones you linked to are very old spec and pretty much the same as mine (note: a max of 4GB SD card storage!). If was to do it again, I'd look at a more modern spec or alternatively cheap mounted android tablets that are SD memory expandable with downloaded or ripped films on them (these would be cheaper again)

The reason I fancied these type over the hang on the back type ones is I figured there less likely to get broke, ( taking in and out ) and no wires everywhere, just fit and forget, I've seen them on ebay for cheaper but I'm not sure there the same ones, xtrons seem to do various different models, can't see any with wired headphone outputs, don't suppose you could try and connect 2 headphones to one DVD player for us could you?

4gb is about 1/2 movies it seems, I'd be happy to buy some cheap dvds though tbh, and where on iPads here not android, so can't do the ripped films ( I don't think ).

Find some with a wired 3.5mm headphone jack and then just use a 99p splitter???

rt-77_4.jpg

Didn't think of a splitter, good call

535d / t5 caravelle
This is the description of the headphones , reads like I'd be able to connect 2 headphones to 1 DVD player? But I'm not very technical like that so just after confirmation, cheers

Description:
These high quality wireless headphones are perfect for use with our in car systems. They have dual channels for picking up frequencies from two sources like our 2 x headrest monitors. This will allow 2 different users to tune in to the program they are watching and listen without interfering with each other. No more messy wires, power cuts off automatically when transmission signal has not been received for 2 minutes. Comes with adjustable arms, cushion surround, battery operated and volume control.

http://xtrons.co.uk/dwh002-ir-wireless-cordless-dual-channels-stereo-headphones.html

Clio 172 (CUP)
I'll have to find them to be honest, but I'll have a root about. BTW, I came across this...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DA3A7W4/?tag=cliospnet01-21

which the answers in the Q&A suggest it has a 3.5mm socket for headphones is presently. The two things I found annoying with the headphones was the batteries running out and the kids complaining of a lack of comfort (fussy little buggers [emoji16]), any simple wire ones would be better.

Clio 172 (CUP)
...also being able to alter the angle of the screen without the headrest having to be changed is benefit

535d / t5 caravelle
I'll have to find them to be honest, but I'll have a root about. BTW, I came across this...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DA3A7W4/?tag=cliospnet01-21

which the answers in the Q&A suggest it has a 3.5mm socket for headphones is presently. The two things I found annoying with the headphones was the batteries running out and the kids complaining of a lack of comfort (fussy little buggers [emoji16]), any simple wire ones would be better.

Just a heads up, don't bother looking for them, just ordered these from Halfords, they'll do the job, cheers for the input
http://www.halfords.com/technology/...car-9-dual-9-dual-portable-in-car-dvd-players

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
FWIW you were reading the part on SD card limitations wrong.

They supported a maximum 32GB card size, the 4GB limit was for the size of each file on the 32GB card.

535d / t5 caravelle
So I took the Halfords ones back, they worked ok, but there where wires everywhere, they wouldn't last 2 minutes with our rebels, so I'm going to order some like or similar to the ones I originally wanted, think they'll last a lot longer

Clio 172 (CUP)
Just had a proper read through and yes it's certainly a step up in spec from my older kit. The touch screen will be a godsend as the remote is always getting lost in mine. Also noticed and FM TX which maybe be handy if you want to play through your car speakers. Also the addition of the headphone socket is good too.

Regarding the previous 32GB comment, yes you're probably right, I see this one supports 32GB sticks/cards.

For what it's worth...Regarding the insulation, my family car has a 30min timer on the cigarette lighter socket(s) power, so I hardwired it into this circuit. I found this perfect for when at fuel stations etc and you need to switch the car off, or the kids are waiting whilst you're loading the car. Also means I don't have to worry about the screens being left on. If you don't have this, I would recommend a permanent live for convenience.

Good luck