ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heads Up.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Cheers for that. We should be okay though as we are meeting and sitting in a pub, restaurant, etc. If we're convoying somewhere (say FCS or CSS) we should be fine also as we would be meeting away from a McDs. I think they want to stop bellends being Bellends to be fair and most of us lot don't tend to dick around in car parks (if we're being honest) so should be fine.

Cheers anyway :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
There are signs everywhere now saying about spurt injunctions being obtained for idiots racing about. Unfortunately it doesn't stop them all from being d1cks on the roads. Orbital 'race track' being one such injunction area.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member

So, for example, you agree that we shouldn't convoy to CSS as we are all being unsafe?
or park on a car park where we are all having a meal together but happen to have the same cars parked next to each other on the car park..... Get off it.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I think the police would view some cars parked while having a meal or a non dangerous convoy of drivers obeying the speed limit (well I would hope so) differently to a bunch of idiots with mcds trays under their back wheels, music blasting or racing about Birmingham wheels style.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I would like to think some discretion would be used by the police viewing the convoy. All cs meets I've attended have been attended by people not doing burnouts and racing to and from the place of the meet so I think it'd be ok.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, only time I'm around other car people is the local CS meets so i don't really care about this. Just thought i would post it for the hoonigans.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
So, for example, you agree that we shouldn't convoy to CSS as we are all being unsafe?
or park on a car park where we are all having a meal together but happen to have the same cars parked next to each other on the car park..... Get off it.

Is this likely to affect people just driving together to CSS? No.
Is this going to affect CS meets with small numbers of cars? No.
Do CS meets involve street racing, showing off your pops and bangs/horn/349574895374W stereo? Well, they used to but not any more.

It gives them the powers to deal with large scale mass organised events. Theoretically it could be applied to small groups of people but it won't because the manpower and admin required to go rushing to the scene every time a couple of people meet up is prohibitively expensive. Likely as not they'll only attend if they get people phoning up and complaining that the cast of the fast and the furious has rocked up at their local tescos, and that isn't going to happen at a CS meet.

If however you are of the ilk that decides it would be great fun for hundreds of you to park up at the local supermarket car park at midnight and royally piss everyone off within a 10 mile radius, then all of you decide to convoy into the middle of the city and cause traffic mayhem, you get what you deserve.

CS meets won't be covered by this.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i agree with that.

If, say, 10 clio sports went past them with de-cat pipes etc I'm sure they would kick up a fuss regardless of where the convoy was to.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I doubt they would lee, as the general member of cs going to a meet or css won't be full throttle everywhere. The same as a battered corsa with a cherry bomb exhaust Booming and radio blasting will get stopped before me in my 172 with an exhaust on it and radio 2non loud because I won't stand out so much.