ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heavy knocking Rear passenger side ?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Mate has a mk2 ph1 late 90's cant remeber the reg anyways....

When you first pull off, if its been parked or even stopped for a while at some lights. Only upto maybe 5-6mph then it stops.

Theres a heavy sounding knock, not sure what it is, maybe the drum isnt disengaged or the rear arm or the suspension or the shocks.

Anyone had this problem, he hasnt had any problems with handling etc but its pretty loud and wants to get it sorted.

Should he just take it into a garage or what, i'm sure they'll just take there time and charge him far too much but if we have an idea of what it is maybe easier to sort.

When you sit in the back as i did its just to left of your left cheek so rear wheel etc area,

Cheers.

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
AHhhh i have this problem too!! at first thought it was my exhuast but its not cause it dosent knock that loud under the car, Does any one no where abouts the fuel pump is in the car? or even what else it maybe it dosent sound like its the drums at all kos it stops if i break but starts when i take my foot off the break its just knocking when stopped or very low speed
Cheers

PH1 172
I'll tell him to get down the garage then. nice one

Have a look at the rear shocks as you should see where the oil is leaking over the strut housing on the outside which will tell you it's fooked.

AHhhh i have this problem too!! at first thought it was my exhuast but its not cause it dosent knock that loud under the car, Does any one no where abouts the fuel pump is in the car? or even what else it maybe it dosent sound like its the drums at all kos it stops if i break but starts when i take my foot off the break its just knocking when stopped or very low speed
Cheers

Your one sounds like it could be a warped disc maybe, but don't hold me to that. To find the fuel pump, lift up the rear bench and you will see a black circle housing on the drivers side with 2 wires connecting to it. Pop of the lid and inside will reveal the fuel pump housing. Don't undo the white plastic lid unless you know what you are doing.