ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello everybody!

E30 318is
Hi folks, im looking for a 172 sport, i have a bmw e30 at the mo, and even though sideways is fun :cool: its so difficult to drive quickly, to the extent i couldn't keep up with a no-neck in a corsa today. I used to have a saxo:eek: , and have always fancied a clio sport. However the question is....which one do i go for? i like the cheapness of the phase 1, the looks of the phase two and the colour of the cup!! The blue is gorgeous, not dissimilar to my ex chav-charriot saxo!!
My question is this, is the cup too "hardcore" for a daily driver, as i am worried about the ride quality. (My 318is floats!!)
Am i being a girl or would i be better off with a full fat?
Thanks!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Was your saxo a VTS? I had one and as much as i preach this, thats a fast car. all be it my Ph 1 172 is faster its not miles away!

The Cup has no ABS or air con or any of the creature comforts mind so you have to tread carefully when sending it on. To be honest mate unless your planning to track it id get a Phase 1 or 2 172.

Ive just got mine and i still love it, its such an underdog its unreal. And not blowing the 172's trumpet but ive handed many a 320i drivers arse on a plate never mind a 318...

E30 318is
Thanks for the comments, just to point out though, my bmw isn't a 318i its a 318is with 16v twink, mtech suspension etc!! its putting out about a 150 bhp thanks to some mods!
Back to the clio's......sorry!!
I doubt i will do any track time tbh, im leaning towards a phase two 172 in black atm. best colour after the cup blue!

Snatch with DIY mods.
Thanks for the comments, just to point out though, my bmw isn't a 318i its a 318is with 16v twink, mtech suspension etc!! its putting out about a 150 bhp thanks to some mods!
I doubt i will do any track time tbh, im leaning towards a phase two 172 in black atm. best colour after the cup blue!

Still an underpowered beemer though:S

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF

A bit like this? :

Attachments

• backlights.jpg
    backlights.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 11