ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello!.......looking to buy....advice...point me in the right direction .....

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
Hi!

Just joined the forum, mainly to check out the classifieds but also for the wealth of knowledge available towards my future purchase.

I'm currently looking for a nice tidy Clio 172 cup, Iv not got the biggest budget £1500max)but hoping I can find a decent example in the coming weeks/month. I'm in no particular hurry as it'll be a second car for around the doors mainly. I'd prefer to locally source a car for once but Don't mind traveling for the right car

Any advice much appreciated, and of course any recommendations are welcome

Regards

Dan

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Prices seem to be on the up tbh mate. Depending on spec I'd be budgeting 2k for a cup.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Biggest thing for these is belts due to cost over initial price of the car. Because of this people get them done on the cheap.

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
Biggest thing for these is belts due to cost over initial price of the car. Because of this people get them done on the cheap.

As long as the belts are done on time etc just like other servicing has been carried out . Why does it matter who's done them ?

Or am I missing summit ?

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
With the 172 cup id just stick to getting one thats as standard as possible and the best you can afford. Id value good service history and in good condition rather than miles to a certain extent.
I think god ones will only go up in value as for £1500-£2000 it buys a good one. If i wasn't about to landscape my garden and knock my garage down id be looking for one myself. In fact if a very low miles and in A1 condition came up id sell the trophy and get one in a heart beat

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
With the 172 cup id just stick to getting one thats as standard as possible and the best you can afford. Id value good service history and in good condition rather than miles to a certain extent.
I think god ones will only go up in value as for £1500-£2000 it buys a good one. If i wasn't about to landscape my garden and knock my garage down id be looking for one myself. In fact if a very low miles and in A1 condition came up id sell the trophy and get one in a heart beat

That's what I'm looking for, a nice clean for it age honest car, with little to no mods if possible , a folder full of history to show its been loved,

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Its worth paying £500 more for a good one as a bad clio sport can be a money pit. I've been there and paid the price lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
As long as the belts are done on time etc just like other servicing has been carried out . Why does it matter who's done them ?

Or am I missing summit ?

Timing of the belts is key for these. If not done properly by someone who has done the job before can be hit and miss on wether it's right.

I'm not saying bob at garage can't do it, just make sure he knows what he's doing.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok. Maybe worth sticking a wanted thread up? Normally well maintained etc. Most of the time.

If I could go back I would have bought a 172cup over my 182 FF, mainly due to the amount of ABS issues I've had, as well as how rubbish the ABS is when actually working.

BG Clio 182
If I could go back I would have bought a 172cup over my 182 FF, mainly due to the amount of ABS issues I've had, as well as how rubbish the ABS is when actually working.
Flol!! I know what you mean, but 182 ff just looks better. Colour choices again are better. And it's just a slightly newer, nicer feel imo.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk