ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello new to owning a clio

Clio IV RS 200
Hello all
I'm Dan I have recently (yesterday) bought a Clio IV RS 200 cup lux in the epic liquid yellow
A bit of my car background I used to have a R53 Mini Cooper S which was my pride and joy but I parted ways with it in Jan and I did not realize how big a void it would leave. So done plenty of research and the Clio looks like a little weapon straight out of the box, also I work for Renault she seemed like a perfect choice,
I will be changing parts on the car so will welcome and advice or where to start from all. I have already ordered some black badge covers in black
Whoops

Thanks
Sleety

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Hiya, welcome to Mk4 ownership. First question is, what year is your Clio?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Cool, same year as mine and open to being mapped which mine is. It really depends what you want from the car to how far you'll go with it.
Mods to mine and IMO bar wheels and maybe more power this is where it will be.

Cooksport springs
Mapped at RS Tuning
ITG induction kit
Acoustic hose pipe delete
Updated gearbox software by Renault

Thats pretty much it, very little in the way of changes but to me completes the car in what I think it should have been like off the production line. The Cooksports give it a much better stance, the OE look has a reverse rake look with far too much front arch gap. Definitely have the new revised software for the gearbox done, it's like night and day. The Clio will be much more smoother on the gear changes up and down, it predicts the gear changes far quicker. The map by RS gives it bags more torque, like over 70ft/lbs more torque! It's so much better, with end figures of 225bhp and 250ft/lbs torque.
I've owned my 7 months now and really enjoy driving it still, it's a second car for me and use it on the weekends. I've also done 2 trackdays and had 4 days in France a month ago.

2017-05-10_11-48-49.jpg
2017-04-22_08-44-02.jpg
IMG-20170424-WA0002.jpg
2017-04-22_08-40-09.jpg
2017-03-12_05-16-05.jpg
rps20170208_211325.jpg

Clio IV RS 200
Cool, same year as mine and open to being mapped which mine is. It really depends what you want from the car to how far you'll go with it.
Mods to mine and IMO bar wheels and maybe more power this is where it will be.

Cooksport springs
Mapped at RS Tuning
ITG induction kit
Acoustic hose pipe delete
Updated gearbox software by Renault

Thats pretty much it, very little in the way of changes but to me completes the car in what I think it should have been like off the production line. The Cooksports give it a much better stance, the OE look has a reverse rake look with far too much front arch gap. Definitely have the new revised software for the gearbox done, it's like night and day. The Clio will be much more smoother on the gear changes up and down, it predicts the gear changes far quicker. The map by RS gives it bags more torque, like over 70ft/lbs more torque! It's so much better, with end figures of 225bhp and 250ft/lbs torque.
I've owned my 7 months now and really enjoy driving it still, it's a second car for me and use it on the weekends. I've also done 2 trackdays and had 4 days in France a month ago.
Looks fantastic
I'm looking at the maps once I have got everything else in place
It is a little on the quite side ATM for me and have looked about and looks like removing the mid box and the second cat which I have got booked in to be done in a couple of weeks,
I'm not to sure if I should go for a induction kit or a performance filter in the standard box as it will have a better heat shield, it doesn't look like the box is big enough to get a k&n cone inside like I had on my mini which worked perfectly
But intercooler is on the shopping list I'm aiming to get at least 240bhp out of it
Who does the gearbox software, was it a recall at renault?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The gearbox software update was done by Renault, I was made aware they had the newer version so I enquired with the Renault service dept. I had to pay as it wasn't a recall but there's another who had his done for free. It's definitely worth having it done, you'll notice the difference instantly.

Speak to RS Tuning about their Pro Alloy intercooler, developed between the 2 for the Clio. The best quality secondary cat replacement is made by a company called Inox, don't bother with Milltek or Scorpion.
The OE airbox is known to be restrictive at the top end when mapped which is why I went the ITG route, everything I've mentioned above has been proven and reliable for gains in performance and quality.

Clio IV RS 200
The gearbox software update was done by Renault, I was made aware they had the newer version so I enquired with the Renault service dept. I had to pay as it wasn't a recall but there's another who had his done for free. It's definitely worth having it done, you'll notice the difference instantly.

Speak to RS Tuning about their Pro Alloy intercooler, developed between the 2 for the Clio. The best quality secondary cat replacement is made by a company called Inox, don't bother with Milltek or Scorpion.
The OE airbox is known to be restrictive at the top end when mapped which is why I went the ITG route, everything I've mentioned above has been proven and reliable for gains in performance and quality.
I'll add it to the list lol
I'll get the lads in the workshop to find the update and see if they can do it on Saturday

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome Dan. Sounds like you're gonna have a well sorted 200t very soon! Be a shame to miss csf with it. Just grab some flyers from work and tell your boss you're going to trade show to drum up some business!
Oh and get a thread started on your clio progress, there's not enough mkIV's being shared on here.

Clio IV RS 200
Welcome Dan. Sounds like you're gonna have a well sorted 200t very soon! Be a shame to miss csf with it. Just grab some flyers from work and tell your boss you're going to trade show to drum up some business!
Oh and get a thread started on your clio progress, there's not enough mkIV's being shared on here.
Will do I was chatting with him in the pub after work about it
And I'll start a progress thread in a bit
But can u help with how u add photos

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
If you click the upload an image icon at the bottom you can upload photos directly from your phone.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Found it and ordered lol
Awesome, like I said it's worth it if you're going to add to the Clio to make gains. There's no point in wasting money on products along the way when there a proven ones out there that work and will benefit the Clio:up:

Clio rs 220 trophy
Hello all
I'm Dan I have recently (yesterday) bought a Clio IV RS 200 cup lux in the epic liquid yellow
A bit of my car background I used to have a R53 Mini Cooper S which was my pride and joy but I parted ways with it in Jan and I did not realize how big a void it would leave. So done plenty of research and the Clio looks like a little weapon straight out of the box, also I work for Renault she seemed like a perfect choice,
I will be changing parts on the car so will welcome and advice or where to start from all. I have already ordered some black badge covers in black
Whoops

Thanks
Sleety
Hi do you live in Colchester