ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello

182-racing-blue

Hi everyone.

After buying a 182 - racing blue clio last february and taking it to the Ring last May I decided on not keeping it standard and am currently in the process of collecting lots of info and experience from fellow clio owners as to the best way to improve the way the car drives in all areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

D

182-racing-blue

Thanks for a warm welcome, I'm gonna read up on posting pics, I have a couple and would like to get them up asap. cheers.

182-racing-blue

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

think you have to click to enlarge??? any help on gettting this bigger on page?

182-racing-blue

oh i see, well it is purely for weight reduction, Im slowly turning my 182 in to a track car, H&R's going on when I get the time and a custom built air filter which will have the air intake replacing the nearside foglamp. Im off to Germany in June and I have still got lots to do. There are a couple of other "carbon bonneted" clios on here, I have heard that its not the done thing with an RB but its not cosmetic at all.

M2 Competition
Welcome to cs!

A thick carbon bonnet with a big vent formed and added on wont save much if any weight. As for mods, for fast road (which the ring will be) h&r's will go a long way, after that its just little things like exhaust, panel filter, angelworks inlets and a remap.

Are you gonna use the car on track other than at the ring?

pep. Ive got the same bonnet and it saves around 6kg

If I were you bud i'd paint the side adges from corner to corner to help it blend into the car a bit nicer.

welcome btw.

182-racing-blue

I was going to add that the bonnet does save 6kg, painting it would add weight. the interior will be stripped at some point when it ceases to become a day to day car. I have a k-tec decat already, remapping is going to be a no no. Maybe a 16 row oil cooler. Cant wait to get the H&R's on that I bought from loony on Sat.

Thanks for the welcomes. :approve:

182-racing-blue

Welcome to cs!

A thick carbon bonnet with a big vent formed and added on wont save much if any weight. As for mods, for fast road (which the ring will be) h&r's will go a long way, after that its just little things like exhaust, panel filter, angelworks inlets and a remap.

Are you gonna use the car on track other than at the ring?

I wont be limited to the ring, i go every year with a group of friends and it tests the car to its limits. I have an old friend that frequents the forum and I recently got back in touch with him and hopefully will be going to track days in the uk all in good time. This car is at the start of a very long project and I'm looking forward to taking it as far as I can, but it is just a hobby.

M2 Competition

If I were you bud i'd paint the side adges from corner to corner to help it blend into the car a bit nicer.

welcome btw.

Have you weighed them?

Apparently the non vented one is 6kg less... how is one with a mass of extra material and mesh the same weight?

182-racing-blue

welcome btw.

Have you weighed them?

Apparently the non vented one is 6kg less... how is one with a mass of extra material and mesh the same weight?

Ive weighed them yeah, and the vented bonnet is 5.82kg less than a standard bonnet. There is no sound deadening on the carbon item and a hole in the bonnet reduces weight.

Who is this joker?

Is there a thread for argumentative bods? someone move this post if there is.

Dont think I will be posting again. Anyway I got me coilovers. :rasp:

M2 Competition
Lol, who is this joker?! What are you on about fella?

Its a forum, for discussing things. I didnt think they were that much lighter. If you dont like discussing things...

welcome btw.

Have you weighed them?

not that the 6kg saved will make a difference to lusty's car :S

RB Clio 182
Def get the re-map done, iv had it done on my 182 and it does make a difference and strangely my mpg has got slightly better?!. Im off to the ring too in May for the first time, very excited! but also a bit nervous!

182-racing-blue

No need to be nervous mate.
If you can, go round with someone who has had experience and in their car. There is over 14 miles of track and you cant learn everything in one lap. You cant learn much from playing it on a games console either.
When you do go out just go at your own pace, eyes on the mirrors (they are the shiny things you can see your face in:D ) and indicate right and slow up a bit if you see a GT4 or a motorbike coming.

Once I did my first lap I couldnt't wait to get back out there and the stories that night over dinner were funny as.

Im off out there in June. Have fun.

RB 182 Special.
I have H&R coilovers on my 182 and believe me, while the ride is almost the same as the cup pack suspension, it's handling is massively better!

182-racing-blue

Nice one, the H&R's are on now and its slammed to ground.

58.5cm from arch to ground on all four corners.

I will be raising it 10mm or more for lapping the ring.

RB 182 Special.
Good work. :) I've never actually measured mine so have no idea how low it is. Do you know how high yours was before you put the coilovers on?