ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Air flow meter

Clio MK 4
I have done a search but not found much.

My car will randomly be chugging really bad so bad I have to pull over. When it chugs the revs are all over the place and when i come to a stop the revs die completly and cut out. Starts up fine except i got to rev it a bit so the revs hold them selves other wise it dies again or the the revs go up and down them selves.

I have been told it could be my air flow meter that is faulty. Is this like a sensor? Does a 172 have a air flow meter or is it in the map sensor??

Do you think this could be the cause of the problem. I have a BMC induction kit with a CAF could this be ruining the air flow meter??

Last edited:
  Megane 225
Air flow meter is on the opposite side of the Inlet manifold from the map sensor iirc. Like all sensors they can easily go faulty. Prob nothing to do with the BMC imo!

Clio MK 4
o right so its the map sensor that controls the air flow and that. Does my symptons sound like it could be this?

How much is a new map sensor.

Megane 225
In work atm but there is the black sensor which is the map sensor and then there's a grey sensor in front of the throttle body? What's it?