ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please.. have I broken my car?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Doing an oil change, emptied the oil, trying to get the oil filter off and ive caught this wire which I know is connected to the fuel rail, and a tiny bit of fuel sprayed out.

Has this unplugged or snapped?

Thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Euro Car Parts

The magneti marelli injectors are OEM.

You'll need to take the fuel rail off.

Remove the feed line on the left of the rail, squeeze and pull (some fuel will come out, so have a rag to catch it)

2 x 10mm bolts to get the rail off and then pull/wiggle the rail to get it out.

Pop the metal clip off the injector and pull out. Usually helps with a little twist.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
check if theres any online codes for ecp and do click and collect if you can

2014 Clio 200t edc
When I changed my oil last I had to resort to ramming a screwdriver through the filter as the strap undoer wouldn't work.
Sad news on the injector. Wonder if anyone local to you off here has any? Whack a wanted post up asap.
Oh and whenever I work on the car something invariably goes wrong and brakes, usually something unconnected to what I'm doing!! Your not alone.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Euro Car Parts

The magneti marelli injectors are OEM.

You'll need to take the fuel rail off.

Remove the feed line on the left of the rail, squeeze and pull (some fuel will come out, so have a rag to catch it)

2 x 10mm bolts to get the rail off and then pull/wiggle the rail to get it out.

Pop the metal clip off the injector and pull out. Usually helps with a little twist.

Thanks for the tips mate.

Trying to find a picture guide to hopefully stop me breaking something else.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Right just bought the injector.. hopefully manage to fit it before dark! Cost of this injector I should have just paid for the twatty oil change!

Where would the fun be in that though?!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Am I being stupid.. how do you manouvere to get a screw driver through the oil filter? Its pretty solid!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
No don't drive on 3 cylinders! Have you got a long screwdriver? They're not that strong from the side, just make sure you dont destroy it completely so it wont turn. Hit it all the way through. Or use some nice large water pump pliers on it.