ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please.. have I broken my car?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Glad I'm not the only one.

I usually end up breaking something in the process of fixing another.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
How's the handbrake cable broken?

That was another day.. had it on the jack and my drive is a slight hill, and it pinged. The cable was goosed anyway.

Struggling to get the feed off, it just won't pull! And I'm scared of snapping something else.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Done step 1, I was trying to pull the tube off, I didn't realise the plastic bit was like a release.

330i. E30 Touring.
So removed the feed, undone 2x10m bolts. How do I undo each electrical connector bit mate?

There's a spring clip on the underside of the connector. Push that in, and slide the connector off at the same time.

330i. E30 Touring.
Next step is to remove the rail. Pull firmly as you angle the rail down and the injectors will come away from the inlet. The o-rings will be tight and horrible to get in and out..

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I am utterly clueless, happily admit it!

I worked it out in the end, but knowing how easily the injector snapped and costing me £60 to fix, I wanted actual info instead of me ripping it out!

330i. E30 Touring.
Once you've removed the rail, be sure to plug the holes with tissue overnight too.. UNlikely anything would get in there, but better safe than sorry.

Also worth mentioning to get the injector o-rings back into the inlet when re-assembling is a fiddly b*****d. Need some kind of lube (wahey) to make it slip in better.

Use something rubber safe if you have it. If not, a bit of petrol/spit on it will do the job alright (pikey method)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The rail was tight as f**k to pull out on my mates 182 recently, sprayed a bit of WD40 on the injector o-rings to help free it.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Next step is to remove the rail. Pull firmly as you angle the rail down and the injectors will come away from the inlet. The o-rings will be tight and horrible to get in and out..

Pulling and pulling, not much is happening. Just movement up and down. Should they just pop out?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Once you've removed the rail, be sure to plug the holes with tissue overnight too.. UNlikely anything would get in there, but better safe than sorry.

Also worth mentioning to get the injector o-rings back into the inlet when re-assembling is a fiddly b*****d. Need some kind of lube (wahey) to make it slip in better.

Use something rubber safe if you have it. If not, a bit of petrol/spit on it will do the job alright (pikey method)

Bit of engine oil i use.

330i. E30 Touring.
Pulling and pulling, not much is happening. Just movement up and down. Should they just pop out?

Yep, you need to put a fair bit into it, and angle down as they start to come out, this helps pop the o-rings out.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hmm, it isn't coming away. A mechanic friend is coming over tomorrow eve so hopefully he can do it.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Until tomorrow..

image.jpg

@Davyy unless your in a hurry I got an injector 3weeks ago off the ebay for £29.99 posted. Genuine or magnetti marelli one too. Ecp are expensive and gsf is only worth it with a discount code on the weekend, they work out about £35 ish. Get a strap tool for the filter. I wouldn't go at it with a hammer and screwdriver as you don't sound like the most confident spanner monkey:smiley:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
@Davyy unless your in a hurry I got an injector 3weeks ago off the ebay for £29.99 posted. Genuine or magnetti marelli one too. Ecp are expensive and gsf is only worth it with a discount code on the weekend, they work out about £35 ish. Get a strap tool for the filter. I wouldn't go at it with a hammer and screwdriver as you don't sound like the most confident spanner monkey:smiley:

You're about 2 hours late mate 😂

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Does the whole metal clip bit at the bottom come off with it? Would be easier if i had a new one to refer to.

image.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Flat blade screwdriver to slide the clip off, then the injector pulls out. Usually tight like it was getting the rail out the head.