ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please window mechanism

RB Clio 182
Hi, ive been out tonight, i put the passenger window down to speak to the other half(all the way down, and now it will not go back up, i only got rid of my garage yesterday too as we are moving tomorrow(odds?)so its parked on this ruff as f**k street with the window wide open :(

I have taken the door card off but i cant see anything obvious, the window is too low to unclip the glass so i can slide it back up, do both front windows run off the same fuse? I can hear the relay click on the drivers but theres no click on the pasenger side which is the one that doesnt work.

Any ideas please guys, if i can get my window up id be happy.

Cheers for any info :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They run off the same fuse yeah and I'm pretty sure there's no relay on the passenger side window hence why you wouldn't hear it. Can't help past this though i'm afraid.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is it the same as on a few other cars where if one switch is broken, the other one doesnt work either?
Have you got a power probe or know someone with one? Could put power direct to the motor unless that's broken too. Try a multimeter on it.

RB Clio 182
When i press the switch down i can hear the window twitch, but it wont do anything when i press up, how do you unclip the regulator off the window so i can atleast slide the window up until i sort the problem? The window is fully down so i cant quite reach the plastic clip, thanks everyone.

RB Clio 182
I cant get the regulator off the glass ive stripped the door but i cant get the the plastic clip that holds the regulator to the glass 😧

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Can you get to it, to snap it away? As I presume when you buy one it'll come with a new one.

RB Clio 182
So i have my new regulator, before i fitted it i tested it, the reg went to the bottom, then it wouldnt move again, so im now thinking its electrical.

I got it to move slightly after trying for ages with both the switch on the drivers side, and the passenger side, but it only went up a touch then back down, its intermittent, i havnt got a clue about electrics, anyone got any ideas what to check, i doubt its the switches as both switches for the passenger regulator dont work.

Do both passenger switches run off the same fuse? The drivers window works fine.

Cheers.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
They all run off the same fuse yeah. Problems tend to arise because the window regulator takes it power source through both switches, and it both switches to be in working order to supply power to the motor, once one switch breaks you loose the circuit and are left with no power.

If you have some spare wire lying around it is possible to bridge the connections on the switch that's playing up in order to use the other to put the window up.

When you take off the connector from the drivers switches there'll be 6 wires from memory, 2 are thin and 4 thicker, it's these 4 that you need to temporarily connect up to bypass the switch, off the top of my head I can't remember which way around they go, but I'll have a look in the morning and update for you

Ads

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Can't edit my above post but here's a diagram to explain
Screenshot_20170225-030331.png

113 is the passenger window switch on the drivers side. You'll need to connect up both yellows to whites so you have two pairs with one of each colour I'm each pair (yellow-white yellow-white) doesn't matter if they're paired the wrong way round, all that'll happen is the switch on the passenger side will work in reverse (up is down and vice versa) but it will prove whether the switch you've bypassed is faulty

RB Clio 182
Can't edit my above post but here's a diagram to explain
View attachment 178950

113 is the passenger window switch on the drivers side. You'll need to connect up both yellows to whites so you have two pairs with one of each colour I'm each pair (yellow-white yellow-white) doesn't matter if they're paired the wrong way round, all that'll happen is the switch on the passenger side will work in reverse (up is down and vice versa) but it will prove whether the switch you've bypassed is faulty
Excellent thanks for your time and explanation mate, thats great, ill give it a try later, thanks again.

Just to clarify, i take the four wires off(yellow and white) and connect a yellow to white and yellow to white with a bit of wire?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Excellent thanks for your time and explanation mate, thats great, ill give it a try later, thanks again.

Just to clarify, i take the four wires off(yellow and white) and connect a yellow to white and yellow to white with a bit of wire?

That's it mate, just unplug the drivers side window switches from the wiring connector and temporarily bridge the yellow and white wires as explained above. If it's the drivers side switch at fault you'll be able to operate the window with the passenger switch, if it still doesn't work then you can try the same on the passenger side switch to see if that's faulty instead

Ads

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Passenger switch diagram just for reference if you need it, exactly the same process as above just different coloured wires mate
Screenshot_20170225-084125.png

RB Clio 182
Update, i have fitted a new(second hand) switch on the drivers side today and tadaa, the window works yay.

One problem, is there a way i could have fitted the regulator upside down when i swapped that over, because now when i press up the window goes down, and vice verse.

Or could it be something more simple?

Cheers.

RB Clio 182
First off lols :smile:

be wiring if its doing it back to front shirley?
I dont know lol, it was deffo the switch that was the problem, i cant see how i could have fitted tye regulator upside down, would it even fit because it bolts the door skin etc.

I cant be arsed to go change the reg again, ive just got piss wet through fitting a new horn.

RB Clio 182
Just been out again, ive taken the reg off and i think it must be for the drivers side because theres no other way it would go on, fucksticks.

Thanks to the person that sold me the passenger reg.

Not.

renault clio 1.4 16v
Just been out again, ive taken the reg off and i think it must be for the drivers side because theres no other way it would go on, fucksticks.

Thanks to the person that sold me the passenger reg.

Not.
just cut the wires and splice the other way around ?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Hi, ive been out tonight, i put the passenger window down to speak to the other half(all the way down, and now it will not go back up, i only got rid of my garage yesterday too as we are moving tomorrow(odds?)so its parked on this ruff as f**k street with the window wide open 😧

I have taken the door card off but i cant see anything obvious, the window is too low to unclip the glass so i can slide it back up, do both front windows run off the same fuse? I can hear the relay click on the drivers but theres no click on the pasenger side which is the one that doesnt work.

Any ideas please guys, if i can get my window up id be happy.

Cheers for any info :smile:
Hello mate

Did you ever get a fix for this?

I have had the same issue, replaced both switches and still nothing.

I've put power straight to the motor to get the window back up so I know he mechanisms are working fine.

Seeing the wiring diagram above, I have taken a picture of my switch wiring and it looks totally different

Attachments

• IMG_2902.JPG
    IMG_2902.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 547
  RB Clio 182
Hello mate

Did you ever get a fix for this?

I have had the same issue, replaced both switches and still nothing.

I've put power straight to the motor to get the window back up so I know he mechanisms are working fine.

Seeing the wiring diagram above, I have taken a picture of my switch wiring and it looks totally different
Yes mate i replaced my drivers switch and it sorted it.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Yes mate i replaced my drivers switch and it sorted it.
Fair enough, unfortunately not as simple on mine.

Have you ever noticed your relays clicking when using the switches? Mines do for drivers side window switch but drivers side passenger doesn't!

Thanks for taking the time to reply

RB Clio 182
Fair enough, unfortunately not as simple on mine.

Have you ever noticed your relays clicking when using the switches? Mines do for drivers side window switch but drivers side passenger doesn't!

Thanks for taking the time to reply
Yes mate mine is exactly the same.

Legend @Ads29! My passenger window didn't go up when I left work at -2 today, it was a fecking cold drive home. Found the guide and had it up in minutes.

Just need to find stock of a new switch now!