ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help/Questions side skirt

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
IMG_3500.JPG
IMG_3501.JPG
So I've managed to jack my side skirt off.
What I don't get is why most of triangular blocks are not attached to the body work?

Any advise very much appreciated....and you can say I'm a c@@k!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Thanks @STEVE.M and @JamesBryan

This car is pretty new to me.. The jack took the head off the screw at the rear jacking point causing the whole skirt to drop as in the picture and the blocks were like that when it all happened?
I'm thinking the screw at the rear was holding the whole skirt up?

Would it be best to take the skirt right off and drill the rivets out and reattach/rivet the blocks back on to the body work?

Cheers Andy

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

This car is pretty new to me.. The jack took the head off the screw at the rear jacking point causing the whole skirt to drop as in the picture and the blocks were like that when it all happened?

Would it be best to take the skirt right off and drill the rivets out and reattach/rivet the blocks back on to the body work?

Cheers Andy
Yeah, it's a good time to clean it all up properly too! Maybe apply waxoil with it being a ph1 :) I wonder if they've been off before for rust repairs?

PH2 172

Cheers Andy
seems a plan.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, it's a good time to clean it all up properly too! Maybe apply waxoil with it being a ph1 :smile: I wonder if they've been off before for rust repairs?

I bet you're right, there. The whole area (both the body and the inside of the strip) looks remarkably clean for a car of Y-reg vintage.