ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP with exhaust rattling/banging noise

Hi, My mate fitted me a scorpion exhaust about a a month ago, and all was fine until a couple of days after where i noticed when i was stopped at traffic lights a loud rattling noise from the rear end. I ended up getting out when i got home and having a look and my exhaust was vibrating onto the bumper and causing the banging/rattling noise. It was slightly not straight so it was vibrating on the side it was too close too. So I took it back and he did whatever he did to line it back up. And again all was fine until a day or two after and it happened again, now the exhaust on the right hand side it to high up and vibrating against the top part of the bumper. Its the most annoying noise in the world.

Does anyone have any idea why the exhaust keeps moving after a day or two and wont stay in place?

Thanks

Emma

Oh great!!! because it was fine before i took it too him, So how do I tell if the exhaust hangers are knackered?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Hi, My mate fitted me a scorpion exhaust about a a month ago, and all was fine until a couple of days after where i noticed when i was stopped at traffic lights a loud rattling noise from the rear end. I ended up getting out when i got home and having a look and my exhaust was vibrating onto the bumper and causing the banging/rattling noise. It was slightly not straight so it was vibrating on the side it was too close too. So I took it back and he did whatever he did to line it back up. And again all was fine until a day or two after and it happened again, now the exhaust on the right hand side it to high up and vibrating against the top part of the bumper. Its the most annoying noise in the world.

Does anyone have any idea why the exhaust keeps moving after a day or two and wont stay in place?

Thanks

Emma

Yes, the issue is the Scorpion Zorst ( assuming it's single back box ) same as mine is much lighter than the renault one so it doesn't weigh the rubbers down as much. what I did was cabletie a socket into the top part above the bolt to stretch it, after a week or so it will settle and be fine, job jobbed,

Mec 350 slk manual
The rubber insert that sits in the mount can be split or worn so the back box just moves around

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Ok so Ignore the fact bout the rubbers being shagged infact they are probably very good and the exhaust is too light, I had the same issue. just get a socket, something useless like a 5/8ths and cable tie it into the rubber above the mount, so it pushes it down nicely, make it nice and tight so it doesn't come out, after a week with a bit of heat from the exhaust it will stay like that and you can take the socket out.

Ok thanks, I will try that haha i will probably end up buggering it up though!! Thanks for your help :D

BG FF 182
Did you get this sorted Emma? I was going to try to fix it through Prima rock solid mounts but I was told the vibrations would be even louder