ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help With PC Keep Cutting Out

BMW 320ci
Had this problem for a little while now, the computer could be on then it will suddenly freeze but it never regains itself. Everything just cuts out, like the mouse wont move at all so you end up restarting it and it will keep doing the same thing a few times then it will work normally. It doesn't happen straight after eachother sometimes it does sometimes theres like a 20-30min gap between each cut out.

Anyone have any idea whats wrong or how to fix it?

Nothing at the mo :(
overheating ? mine did this 2 days before my CPU blew up on itself and took the motherboard out with it

ALSO

it could be conflicting drivers making windows unstable, added anything lately or installed anything?

BMW 320ci
Nope aint added or installed anything for ages. Might be overheating but I don't use it that much but it does seems to be more of a parts problem as to the way it reacts when it cuts out.

usually when a PC overheats its ment to automaticly turn of.. sorta a safety precaution

Try using windows restore and go back go back a week? if that dont help im guessing hardware.. or maybe try a windows re-install completely..

BMW 320ci
It don't turn off it just stops in the middle of what it's doing and never regains itself.

Think we've had this problem before with it and think it was something to do with the motherboard but it was fixed as it was under gurantee but that's up now. Could it be the motherboard again?

could well be. if ya lived nearer to i would lend ya parts to do trial and error on, dont wanna go spending on a motherboard when it could be unsettled RAM or graphics card come loose

BMW 320ci
O right I'll take it in somewhere and see what they say think theres a few computer shop places round here. Cheers for the help mate :).

some of them might tell you what it is. If i was you..

Go into the computer shop.. look around the shop and act like your interested in something

When someone asks if tey can help then explain you problem, free advice :p

i did it once when i thought my graphics card was playing up

Went into the shop one day and and went straight to counter and asked.. and he was like " oh bring it in mate we will check it for £35"

next day i went in with another bloke there. but looked around and looked interested and asked the same question.. this time i got a answer and recommend me a card *which i didnt buy lol*

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely check the memory. If you have more than one stick in there, take one out and try the PC again. See how it runs. Then repeat the process on the other stick.

D.