ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Steering Wheel replacement

Superleggera'd MK3
Bit of a weird question but has anyone around the lincoln area have any experience removing a steering wheel on their clio? Ideally I would like to learn how to do it but would appreciate a bit of help (not confident to try it on my own with airbag etc.....not brilliant with spanners lol)....dont fancy paying garage price though. Will do if I have to, just thought I would try my luck first. Its on a mk3 clio btw, so im not 100% confident on whether this would be the same as a mk2 anyway.

Cheers :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Pop on over to my place and I'll show you... bit of a trek though.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Can't map it but I can install it all for you alright.

Haha cheers was just joking.. Getting a Turbo hopefully... Ive contemplated the RS2 for the Trophy but still undecided..
So how easy is it to change the steering? Mine is in need of a refurb..

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Just disconnect the battery and you shouldn't have a problem. If you need any info pm me and il explain.

Superleggera'd MK3
Think it might be time to take it to a garage. Had a go at it today, was such a pain trying to find the clip thats hidden inside the steering wheel. Im guessing renault will charge a lot for this?

Superleggera'd MK3
Its not that bad on a mk3 surely? my ph2 was a doddle :)

Yeah its a bit different to the mk2. Basically you have to stick a screwdriver into a hole underneath the steering wheel to unclip something....but i dont know where it is/what size it is/what kind of clip it is/ how to unclip it.....massive fail

Take lube if you plan on taking it to a Renault dealership.

Yeah mate, though this would be the case, i begrudge taking anything to Renault tbh

My offer to pop over still stands lol

Might have to take you up on that offer mate, will send you a PM :)

Nissan 350z
Yeah its a bit different to the mk2. Basically you have to stick a screwdriver into a hole underneath the steering wheel to unclip something....but i dont know where it is/what size it is/what kind of clip it is/ how to unclip it.....massive fail

Pretty sure thats identicle to the Mk2. I fitted a Mk3 steering wheel to my 172 they arent any different. Just get big a flathead screwdriver and push the clip off from underneath.

Superleggera'd MK3
Oh right, i was under the impression the mk2 ph2 had 2 seperate clips at either side of the wheel? Only what i have heard, so just going with word of mouth